GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,355 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Will Campaign Box store all game contents? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Princeton Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Will the the campaign box fit all the game cards/components [backed at Adventure Tier (everything)]?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
It fits everything we received for wave 1.

Refer to this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ampoliros wrote:
It fits everything we received for wave 1.

Refer to this post.

I don't see anything in the page you linked that mentions the still-to-come campaign box???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad.
a) I should have read the post closer
b) why is the OP asking about something that doesn't exist yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps to decide whether to buy some sort of storage solution now or wait until the campaign box arrives. But if it won't hold it all, then why wait? Seems like a reasonable question. I don't know the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first I can remember someone suggesting the campaign box would hold *everything*. Honestly, my assumption is that it won't -- everything they've done for Star Realms and Epic would suggest that expansions will come in smaller boxes or even foil wrap.

That said / written, I have read that a Store Everything box similar to what's been released for Star Realms, and what's soon to be released for Epic, WILL be released, and should do the trick nicely.

Here's a link to the Star Realms Box, and here's a link to the Epic Box, both from Coolstuff, because that's where I went to get the links.

As far as how soon the Hero Realms box will be released? I've no idea. I figure I'll get one, though, and keep all three games nice and neat and together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very shocked if the campaign box held anything more than the campaign cards. White Wizard Games has always been upfront about the fact that they provide cheap, minimal packaging for their games so that they can deliver a lot of components for cheap. That and taking a small profit margin on base games, but maintaining their profit margin on expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Onyx
msg tools
Everyone here is assuming that Princeton was asking if the campaign box /includes/ everything, when what he meant was something more like
"I'm surprised the base game box doesn't have room for everything (or even a good way to organize the base game, really), will the campaign box help fix this problem? It's terribly inconvenient having to use a generic deck box to hold a game when the basic box should have had enough room."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone's confused on that point, but just to be entirely clear here...

1. Nobody has ever said anything to make anyone think the campaign stuff would come in a package any larger than strictly necessary to hold the cards that come as that product.
2. The image on the kickstarter is not necessarily representative of what the final product will look like, but it looks like a simple deck box.
3. There is no official word on this one way or another so we could all be totally wrong, but that's a bizarre thing to expect and I wouldn't assume that it will be the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m v
United States
staten island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, no. Creator Robert Dougherty just posted this update on the Kickstarter page:

On the box:
Hero Realms is an expandable game that will continue to grow, so no matter what size we make the base box, eventually it won't be able to hold everything. Making a giant box with tons of empty space for future expansions would add significantly to the printing cost, and to the shipping cost, meaning everyone would have to pay more for the game. Keep in mind, the base game is just $20 for a complete 4 player deck building game with industry leading art.
With all that in mind, we did try and make the box bigger and stronger than Star Realms. You can see that the base game box can indeed hold the base game, all the character packs, and even the promo cards, all in sleeves, in the base set box. https://www.facebook.com/herorealmsgame/posts/16947025441796...
The Ruin of Thandar box is the same size as the base set box.
For those who want a really big box that can hold everything together, Legion Supplies has created such a box, and it will be available soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
Design Monkey for Genetic Gear Games
badge
No Authority but God, No Master but Christ, No Law but of Love
mbmbmbmb
mattver wrote:
Unfortunately, no. Creator Robert Dougherty just posted this update on the Kickstarter page:

On the box:
Hero Realms is an expandable game that will continue to grow, so no matter what size we make the base box, eventually it won't be able to hold everything. Making a giant box with tons of empty space for future expansions would add significantly to the printing cost, and to the shipping cost, meaning everyone would have to pay more for the game. Keep in mind, the base game is just $20 for a complete 4 player deck building game with industry leading art.
With all that in mind, we did try and make the box bigger and stronger than Star Realms. You can see that the base game box can indeed hold the base game, all the character packs, and even the promo cards, all in sleeves, in the base set box. https://www.facebook.com/herorealmsgame/posts/16947025441796...
The Ruin of Thandar box is the same size as the base set box.
For those who want a really big box that can hold everything together, Legion Supplies has created such a box, and it will be available soon.

Yeah, this solution should work for now. When I opened the base box up, I immediately noticed the margin of space around the cards, sufficient for sleeving. Standing them them does seem a bit odd at first, but actually works well for putting in a few dividers between base/character/promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.