Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.thelot.com/

My new favourite show, having a really strong acting background. I have never been lost in the jungle and I don't want to be Trumps apprentice, but theatre I know.

Unfortunately I have missed some episodes though, and will have to scour Canadian TV broadcasters for back episodes.

Fox hates Canadian IPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They've only done two episodes...tonights and then one a couple days ago for the first round of eliminations, where everyone pitched their idea for a film...

At the end they were told to find teammates and get in groups of three and that was what you saw tonight...you really didn't miss a whole lot the first show was kinda crowded and just kinda "filler" till they got to the real talent...

The up coming episodes should be really neat, since they said the public gets to see the tiny films of the participants and vote on them...cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update!

Man, a contract with Dreamworks would be choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would concur that you haven't missed much. They started with 50 and then got rid of 14 with some silly pitch-giving competition. The ones who choked squirted a few tears before they were tossed.

Last night the remaining 36 were put into 12 groups of three and asked to make a very short film. The most satisfying incident was seeing a four-star douchebag get eliminated after finding out that his sh*t did, indeed, stink. Two thumbs up.

Another group put together a very cool film using pretty advanced special effects. The other groups oohed and ahhed while watching, but all I could think was - don't they all have access to special effects toys? Personally, while I thought the effects were cool, I hope they don't completely overwhelm films with smaller, more personal touches.

The remaining players now have to direct a one-minute film. They have one hour to do so (yipes!) The results of that competition will be aired on the next episode and that will bring us down to 18 players. Supposedly, the *real* game begins at that point.

I'm pretty excited about this series. I took a few film classes in school and even wrote/directed my own short film (title: White Bread). I never had a desire to be the next Spielberg or Scorsese - I don't have anywhere near the necessary drive or ambition to succeed in such an industry - but the class was still fun. A film competition looks to be alot more interesting than a singing competition. For my money, at least.

(p.s. Melinda Doolittle was robbed!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ep. May 28th

I laughed so hard at Spaced Out. So far it has my vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
Ep. May 30th

Holy Crap! Are you from the future?!? Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Favre4MVP wrote:
Del_Esau wrote:
Ep. May 30th

Heha. Now any comment on the episode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Mount Horeb
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Del_Esau wrote:
Favre4MVP wrote:
Del_Esau wrote:
Ep. May 30th

Heha. Now any comment on the episode?

I have it recorded, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did I miss it? Was it on Monday night? Darn, do they show a repeat any time during the week?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
Did I miss it? Was it on Monday night? Darn, do they show a repeat any time during the week?

8pm Monday. AFAIK then they make their films for a week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls