Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I must have been thinking of some other Clue game that could be done with 2 players. (Or, I was completely off my rocker.)

I've seen some of the nice 2-player Clue variants, and I wonder if any of them can be adapted to the DVD version. Or, conversely, I wonder if there are any DVD game-specific variants that could work.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot play Clue DVD with 2 players and have fun with it. The game still uses the same deduction mechanism from the boardgame (which is also 3+ players).

The only Clue game that 2 players can play is Clue FX which is pretty fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Goff
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I have played it with two, and there were no problems. You just choose 3 when it asks for the number of players, and place the three pawns on the board. You just deal hte cards out among the two players and you're good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This game can work pretty well for two players if you are playing one of the 10 pre-constructed cases because the item cards are not immediately in the game. It certainly wouldn't be as much fun as a 2-player game, though.

When playing the general case, you could add in the item cards and make the item part of what you must solve. You could figure out a way to get these cards into play little by little. For example, whenever you use a secret passage and it allows you to go through without anything special popping up, you get to take an item card into your hand. You'll still have the 2 rooms with the face-down item cards to look at, as well.

Jighm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls