United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a WW game.

I'm still working on how to explain exactly what it is, but things that are helpful to know:

- It will be an interactive adventure game.
- It will be run on some kind of Fast Game timeline, with events progressing every 2 or or 3 hours.
- Most players will be on the same rough team (escaping prisoners), but some will be be working for the Guards.
- You don't have to be omnipresent to participate.
- I will be beta testing some game logistic concepts for a longer thing that will start in mid-May, but this story and that are separate.
- You will be free to utilize whatever personal knowledge or internet research you'd like to.
- There will be no replacements: people can leave early (either by escaping the prison or dying) or enter late (start in solitary confinement).
- There will be a light dice rolling component.
- Let me know if you can't watch the occasional Youtube video due to playing circumstances.
- I will make sure nothing time sensitive occurs around any WW lynch times.

The game will end when all prisoners have successfully escaped, the prison has been destroyed, or I go to bed Friday night out of exhaustion.

-------------------

More Details:

You have a role name, a full name, and a prisoner number. Undercover guards have covers of these that largely match the prisoners.

You get a chat with any cellmates you have.

Undercover guards have a chat purely for orders and for me to tell them things as a group.

I'll be asking each of you to tell me one thing you might be holding at 8am EST.

Prisoners have a general "escape" victory condition, guards have a more nuanced one. Within those bounds, there are also definitely cooler and less cool ways to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AlwaysIdle
AnneAa
BerenCamlost
draxius35
elias5891
FaleohFang
gelrod
Jythier
ljtrigirl
monogarden
nolemonplease
Smugvid
ThatAblaze
theknightofcups
The_Rorab
xandryyte

16 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1675967

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds fun, is it a digital escape room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:

I haven't done an escape room, so that isn't what inspired it, but I understand those are mostly puzzles? This will have some puzzles, but also more RP/adventure style ways to succeed as well. There's a traitor element, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose early death!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
GaiusJC wrote:

I haven't done an escape room, so that isn't what inspired it, but I understand those are mostly puzzles? This will have some puzzles, but also more RP/adventure style ways to succeed as well. There's a traitor element, too?
Yeah, this has made me think that maybe we should have a digital werewolf escape room. Would you mind if I created one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was inspired by LJ's Cassandra Project. I was thinking, "Hey, this is cool, but it would be cooler if we had Cassie chats." Then I thought, "Ooh, or if you could find youtube videos if you found a clue with RPed up responses." Then I thought, "Oh, and if you could voice chat/video chat RP with the DM if that was something you were capable of doing and wanted to!"

When I started thinking about what that would look like, I realized it looked a lot like an asynchronous adventure campaign run around Cassie, something that could fill a niche I've been looking for without killing Yugari or Quasey's campaigns. This is a beta test for that, maybe even an alpha test. I'm writing a custom scenario that'll be won or lost by those who participate in a day, and I think Black Friday would be a neat day for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaiusJC wrote:
Yeah, this has made me think that maybe we should have a digital werewolf escape room. Would you mind if I created one?

Haha, it is your idea, go for it. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and we don't actually need 21 people, I just made a fantastically high number so anyone who wanted to could sign up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaius Ceaser
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would participate, but my schedule won't allow me too. Hope you all have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
You never signed down under Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I closed signups so I could have the core group to do HW for, but people could still GM me to get in. Anyone who does so will be entering from solitary, the player Cell Block is full and intro video recorded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have started n0. Each of you has a n0 order, or should if I haven't messed up, heh. Feel free to come chat with me in mod chat, too, but this isn't a game that forces checkins. Just get me the n0 before you are actually able to start playing Friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, putting the game into "go" mode! Feel free to post in thread here (anyone) or in any chat you have access to. Post actions you want to try to take (preferably bolded) into the chat that would be "public" for them. If you want to set your bed on fire in your cell, cell chat would be the most appropriate, if you want to attempt to pickpocket your cellmate, send that to mod chat, heh. If you are totally unsure, put it in mod chat and I'll post it out ot the appopriate chat.

You may visit other people's cells to join their chat, but at least one person there has to let you in. Also, I'll let them finish their current thread of conversation before adding you, so people with more real life time don't totally dominate those who are playing more asynchronously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weekday in Autumn, 2016:

It started out as a normal day, really - hadn't even started for a few of you! Lemon and Peer were tucked in their beds asleep, and Anne was hitting the button on her alarm clock after sleeping in.

Gelrod, Beren, and Blaze were all checking their phones in various phases of getting ready to face the day. Drax was reading a fantasy novel while keeping a weather eye on his michevious son, while Fa was at work watching other people's mischevious kids. Jyth was walking down the hall with a sealed deck of cards his own kids had left sitting out. Elias was sitting at his computer, mouse in hand.

LJ was holding Room 25 at that moment, dreaming of playing it again in the future with friends. Mono had just grabbed a pencil to make a note of something important, lest she forget. Pilot was gathering some papers and had just grabbed a paperclip to keep them together in the car.

Meanwhile, the Brits were all eating - Rorab breakfast, Always and Smug digging into their lunches.

(I'll edit in an entry for xand, I accidentally erased her order and she thought she didn't get to pick a thing!)

The world was turning, the news was blaring, and villagers were being falsly accused as our protagonists went around their daily routines in their parts of the world. Then, everything changed for them - a blinding flash of light, you feel yourselves collapse. The next thing you experience was either sent to you in the form of a video or is coming to your mod chat now.

(Please note that "10 minutes" is not literal real-world time!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Nevertheless, she persisted.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone start with Monopoly: Chicago? That's one of the things in our cell, and I'm curious if items morphed (Room 25 -> Monopoly: Chicago) or if we got all swapped around. Alternatively, did anyone get Room 25 in their cell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone around and chatting? I'd love to come visit you, or you can swing by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timing is somewhat controlled around pace of play, drama, and dealing with schedule issues, so expect the next Roll Call to be around 11am BGG, but not necessarily precisely then, depending on if y'all are doing unresolved stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an alarm in my cell, which is my item. I assumed the other item was my cellmate's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys. Someone isn't in the cells with us. It's either draxius or pilotbob. One of them is Dan F, and the other isn't in a cell. I'm inclined to believe that pilot is the one not in a cell because he's Bob A, and everyone else has a name based on their username or their real name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a chart with username, name in role call, cell #, prisoner #, starting item, and actual item. If people could share their actual item, that'd be great.

Can I link a Google Doc to the thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I have a chart with username, name in role call, cell #, prisoner #, starting item, and actual item. If people could share their actual item, that'd be great.

Can I link a Google Doc to the thread?

Sure! Just know that it is considered public information if you link it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Secret love message!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, imagine anything you guys read in thread as things that would be said aloud with no care for who is listening or that you might technically learn from people later when you talk, part of your general knowledge - but also likely to be overheard by npcs as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faleoh
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
There were times when she felt lost, but that did not stop her. For the further she went, the more she collected herself as she walked away. And the more she walked away, the closer she got to it all.
badge
And in the end, she became more than what she expected. She became the journey, and like all journeys, she did not end, she just simply changed directions. -RM Drake
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Guys. Someone isn't in the cells with us. It's either draxius or pilotbob. One of them is Dan F, and the other isn't in a cell. I'm inclined to believe that pilot is the one not in a cell because he's Bob A, and everyone else has a name based on their username or their real name.

Draxius is Dan F, my hubby. Rude prison not putting us together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I heard on the roll call.

If anything was different for you guys, please let me know! I only set permissions to view because I didn't want anyone intentionally messing with my sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.