Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
And so it begins...
mb
Hi,I had my first game of Colonists but I am still unsure about the use of non-storage goods.

Lets assume I have 3 wood at the basic storage (max capacity of 3) and 1 wood at the warehouse and 4 wood at 2 buffer locations (buildings).So, can I:

A) Construct a building which requires 4 wood by expending 3 wood from the storage and then immediately transfer to the storage the last wood required from either the warehouse or from one of the buffers?

B) Using the previous example, but now having a storage shed with 2 wood, how about constructing 2 buildings of the same type? After building the first one from your storage spaces, can I move the wood from the other locations to the now vacant storages and then build another time?

C) Likewise, if I go to the market and sell wood, am I allowed to sell all the wood from the storage spaces and then immediately transfer more wood from the buffers/warehouse to the storage so I can keep selling it at the same action?

And at another situation, lets say my storage and warehouse space are maxed out and I have 1 food at a buffer space. Just for the sustenance phase at the end of the year, if I have a working citizen requiring food can I use that food from that buffer?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No to all of these, except the last one without a letter. You can feed directly from a buffer.

After playing a few times, we don't even bother arranging the goods on the actual board.

On the right half of your board, you can hold storage + warehouse goods.
When you take an action, you can only "spend" at most (storage) goods during the action.
Before and/or after the action, you can freely rearrange your goods.

Basically, if you want to take an action that costs 6 goods (which could be 2 buildings that cost 3 goods each), you need 6 storage slots, no matter what.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
And so it begins...
mb
Thanks for the comprehensive and speedy reply .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.