Dragon Tides» Forums » General

Subject: Making Dragon Tiides Great Again! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hassim Ali
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I was playing Kung Fu all stars on my iPad and thought this is what Dragon Tides could have been in a minatures game! I played the missions a few times with my son and game group and they say the same thing that something is missing! It made me change a few rules to maybe make it just a little better to play if anybody wants to try! Let me know what you think!

1. Blanks on dice- I made the rule that minions can reroll 1 dice and the stars of the movie Dragons and Tigers can re roll 2 dice. This was a big air sucker when Bruce or your heroes have 5 dice or more on an attack and roll blanks. I think the original die had 1 sheil but the dice in the box have 2 blanks, which get rolled a lot! Not fun!

2. Natural defence- I give what ever their stats are for strike, grapple, or throw, as their defence in that stat!
Ex. If Bruce has 3 for strike, and someone attacks him with a strike, then they have to roll 4 to hit him barring any sheilds he rolls to add to his defence. This rule makes them feel a bit more protected and comfortable for you to pick another maneuver! Also a guy like Goliath would be harder to throw with a defence of 4 which seems more realistic! also grapple to bring down defence is more needed now!

3. Thrown to hindering terrain and landing on it gives 1 grapple token since most players can't end their movement on hindering terrain. Also a throw to a blocking terrain gives an extra point of damage!

4. Focus Token- For each mission the Dragons get 1 focus token to make a re roll to any dice that they want. That is represented by their picture token that comes in the box. The villians get 2 for the mission who the Tigers get to choose which can use it. This applies to offence and defence!

Hopefully these changes make the game a bit more exciting. Too bad a stretch goal on the initial KS was to have the pog minions replaced by minis for the core box. That's another small turn off, but hopefully AJG games get these add ons going in the future!

My comments are not to disrespect the people who do not have the game or game designers that made it, just wanting to keep this game alive and talked about! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
if you get rid of all the rock/paper/scissor amateur at best design i might pull it out from the hole i shoved it in.

Nah, doubt i would actually, this game sucks sooo bad that all the folks who didn't get it yet will be more dissapointed once they do and realise how poorly designed the whole thing is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grizzlylizard wrote:
if you get rid of all the rock/paper/scissor amateur at best design i might pull it out from the hole i shoved it in.

Nah, doubt i would actually, this game sucks sooo bad that all the folks who didn't get it yet will be more dissapointed once they do and realise how poorly designed the whole thing is

Or, to put it another way, this game is fun, and additions to allow players to mitigate a bad roll could be just what it needed. Along with your ideas for rules governing what happens when people get thrown into objects (or off the balcony of the office building).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all of your suggestions are good and I would be interested in giving them a try. I know this is probably irrational but the biggest issue I have with the game are the hard feelings I have for how things have gone with the kickstarter. I still feel upset that I haven't received all of the stretch goals or solo rules as of yet, so every time I look at the game, I think I spent over $100 on what I could have got for less than $40 at retail and I'm one of the lucky ones. I can just imagine how angering it must be for those that haven't received their base game yet.

Hopefully AJG can at some point get all of the kickstarter backers what they expected. Then hopefully I will not look at the game and feel disappointment because I do believe there is a fun game here with a lot of potential with a few rule tweaks and expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.