$35.00
Wesley M
Canada
flag msg tools
I was wondering how this game/series compares to Conflict of Heroes series of games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
I dont actually have Heroes of the motherland, but i interpret your question directed to the game systems rather than specific modules. To keep it brief.
First off they are both very good games and i am happy to keep both systems
CoH is much easier to learn - For me the rulebook was clearer to follow. It is structured, along with the scenarios to drip feed you the rules. So you can get basic infantry combat sorted before worrying about vehicles or smoke, night time etc.
LNL is more complicated because its a deeper game and long term will take you much further.

There are a ton more scenarios in LNL packs. Ie Normandy has about 30 vs COH approx 12. There is also alot more out there/coming for LNL. Once you have the rules down you can even play in the modern period. with packs like the Falklands/Vietnam/WW3.

For me CoH is more of a light hearted/Intro game. (it still has plenty to offer long term though and is really fun to play)

LNL is definitely my favourite though. As ive seen in another forum "you have to get your hands dirty" play it solo a few times and dont worry about getting every rule right the first time. Just enjoy it. After a couple of games it will start to click.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.