Subject: What is a wake up track position? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Gorman
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
There are a couple of structure cards that have you pay or gain an amount of money based on your position on the wake up track. I was on row 5, so started to take 5 lyre. But my opponent said no, there are only two players ahead of you, so you take only three lyre.

Which is correct here?

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George: Can you reference the specific card (just type the text here)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
We've found that text on a summer visitor card yesterday (I don't remember his/her name), and we understood the ability as "if you chose X position gain X money", making it very strong - my wife went 7th and collected 7 lyra.
Thinking about it now it would make more sense if it was related to players earlier than you in the turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jarek, there is a card like that in Moor Visitors. The idea is that going last on the wake-up track is a disadvantage, so it makes the card worth more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in a 4 player game, if you chose the last spot on the turn order track, are you in position 7 or position 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Position 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Gorman
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, it was a card, not a structure as I first remembered. There's another that has a cost of the wake up track position. Thanks for clarifying.

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.