Eleazar Lawson
msg tools
mbmb
Just hoping for a clarification on helicopter retreat...does it require an LZ? The rules say you need an LZ for movement, but it's also fairly clear that retreat is not movement. I would interpret the rules as not requiring an LZ for retreat but I think it makes more sense that it would require an LZ. And if it does, are you restricted in how many steps you can evacuate (based on expedient versus operational LZ)? Am I overthinking this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eleazar Lawson
msg tools
mbmb
I see in rule 13.1.5 it says "normal transport rules and considerations apply." Is that it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it has to be a legal LZ hex. You can use a Field Expedient LZ, or, if you need to get more units out, place an Operatiional LZ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eleazar Lawson
msg tools
mbmb
And while I'm at it...does the helicopter retreat take place before or after advance after combat? It could make a difference for air defense fire in the event of a pick up after a one hex retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eleazar Lawson
msg tools
mbmb
And yes, I often respond to my own posts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clarkcramer wrote:
And while I'm at it...does the helicopter retreat take place before or after advance after combat? It could make a difference for air defense fire in the event of a pick up after a one hex retreat.

Before. Note that placing an Operational LZ and retreating from it allows the PAVN to capture it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eleazar Lawson
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you sir. I'm sorry to inundate you with questions but I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. The design looks fantastic and I am really looking forward to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.