Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who have played the game, how many campers have you managed to kill in chapter one?

Also, when you have played was there much fear/stress/tension? In my one play (only chapters 1 and 2) there was no tension for the campers or the murderer. In chapter one the murderer just couldn't keep up and only managed to kill one camper. In chapter two it was too easy to catch and kill the murderer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S.
Belgium
Roeselare
W-VL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've only played the first chapter of the game once, so I don't know how it will feel like on next plays, but:
- I was the murderer, and I could kill 4 of the 5 campers. Only one was able to hide in the cabin.
- In the beginning there wasn't too much tension, but the final turns were pretty hectic, especially since the murderer killed one of the campers right as they were about the enter his/her cabin.

For now, the only drawback about the game is it's length. The first round took an hour, and since the following rounds are more or less the same mechanic, my friends didn't feel like playing for three more hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IvanGrimm wrote:
For those who have played the game, how many campers have you managed to kill in chapter one?

Also, when you have played was there much fear/stress/tension? In my one play (only chapters 1 and 2) there was no tension for the campers or the murderer. In chapter one the murderer just couldn't keep up and only managed to kill one camper. In chapter two it was too easy to catch and kill the murderer.

In my game the maniac killed 3 out of 5 of us but almost didn't but remembered the rule that he gets an extra move after killing someone so boom 3 of us dead in 1 turn, there was tension. Also the maniac might have put the welcome tents in at random but they are not random the maniac decides where to place which tent angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrara
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The first matches last longer to understand the mechanisms, but then the others will be faster because we know the rules. In case you have a long time you could not save your current game doing a photo to the board and scoring a few things. However, the average time of a chapter should be on 30/40 minutes.

In Lucca Comics and Games 2016 i have kill 5/5 campers in first Chapter :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Stassen
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
I must be doing something wrong because out of 3 plays of the 1st chapter the death score was 2 - 1 - 0

Tension in all cases was 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin S.
Belgium
Roeselare
W-VL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bluestrike01 wrote:
I must be doing something wrong because out of 3 plays of the 1st chapter the death score was 2 - 1 - 0

Hm, strange... Don't forget that the maniac chooses where to put the welcome tokens on the board. Two strategies could be:
1) Make sure the keys are far away from the cabins, so the campers need to go around the lake as much as possible and the maniac can really chase them.
2) Group the keys together and put the maniac on the closest starting point. Then just kill the campers one at a time as they get closer and closer, and try to destroy the closest cabin.

If you have a good group, the campers will have to put lanterns and traps everywhere to figure out where you could be; which adds tension to the maniac. As maniac, make proper use of the lake and the "kill one, move again"-rule to really cover some distance.

If that doesn't help, maybe it's not your kind of game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Santoni
United States
Davie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yea the campers have it way too easy. A maniac has to almost just get lucky with the decision the campers make to move it in your favor. The whole end of chapter scoring to earn tokens back as Maniac is also just broken, it favors always the campers past the first round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Dork
United States
Silver Spring
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestrike01 wrote:

I played as the maniac and by the rules. The results were:

Chapter I: 0 deaths
Chapter II: I died
Chapter III: 1 counselor death
Chapter IV: I died

I couldn't catch up to any of them, not sure how they are supposed to be caught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason MacConnell
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played last night for the first time, I was the maniac. I got two campers in chapter 1 thanks to my additional move and the extra move from killing the first one. It seems like it would be difficult to get many more if the campers are smart but I would definitely like to try again. I got three in chapter 3 in a similar fashion, I killed one, two others thought they knew where I was and tried to engage me but they guessed wrong and I murdered them both on my turn. That was all I could get though and the Chosen One got me in chapter 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
Germany
41472 Neuss
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi !

Here are my stats, I just rated the most recent games:
Except for game 3 I played as maniac.

1st game (single chapter):
Chapter I: 3 deaths all players were new

2nd game (single Chapter):
Chapter I: 5 deaths the camper players traded keys between campers unecessarily

3rd game (full game, stopped after 2 chapters):
Chapter I: 0 deaths maniac was new player
Chapter II: maniac was killed in round 9 he did not use any of his tokens. Not sure why.

Due to time constraints we did not complete the game. The maniac player was new and felt lost. He could not catch up to any of the campers. In chapter two we had fun cornering the maniac, but I think the maniac player was quite frustrated.

My rating (camper): 6.5 / 10
Other players probably: 6.5 / 10

4th game (full game):
Chapter I: 0 deaths (I started at the wrong side of the map, couldnt catch up to the campers as they went into an unexpected direction). Chapter ended in round 9
Chapter II: I died in round 9
Chapter III: Killed two campers and the chosen one in the 15th round with the plot twist token

The beginning was very depressing for me, but the 3rd chapter was very great and tense for me (as maniac), the players however were not so convinced. They found several possible "exploits" (carrying key around, throwing items over the lake etc.) and they felt that the 3rd chapter was broken, because the action to sacrifice a camper to help the chosen one to gain distance did not work at all, because of the murderous rage move bonus. The rare cases the sacrifice might gain the campers something were difficult to setup and felt "constructed".

My rating (maniac): 7 / 10
Other players probably: 4 / 10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.