Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Order Stormtrooper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Ciuppa

Georgia
msg tools
Hi,

I know that there is a 30 card limit for a deck where you can have no more then two copies of a card in the deck. The 30 card limit doesn't count against your characters. The characters can't exceed the 30 point limit. I can have any number of characters, so long as they don't exceed 30 points. Here's my question. Does the two card limit in the deck also apply to the characters that you use? IE. Can I have 4 First Order Stormtroopers because they would have a collective point value of 28? Does the two card rule prevent that?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
The two card limit does NOT apply to your starting characters.

So, yes, you can play 4 x First Order Stormtrooper.

Edit - This was confirmed by the lead designer himself in a Team Covenant video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ciuppa wrote:
Hi,

I know that there is a 30 card limit for a deck where you can have no more then two copies of a card in the deck. The 30 card limit doesn't count against your characters. The characters can't exceed the 30 point limit. I can have any number of characters, so long as they don't exceed 30 points. Here's my question. Does the two card limit in the deck also apply to the characters that you use? IE. Can I have 4 First Order Stormtroopers because they would have a collective point value of 28? Does the two card rule prevent that?

Thanks!

There is a Unique Symbol next to the name of any "Unique" Card, like Rey or Kylo Ren. The FOST doesn't have it, many non-uniques can be used 3 or 4 times if you choose to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Limit of 2 copies of the same card applies only to deck, not to your team (characters).

Rules Reference p. 12, "Building a Team" subsection:
"A player can select only one copy of each unique (*)
character, but they can select any number of copies of nonunique characters."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott Murray
Australia
Ridgewood
West Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo
Stormtooper armies here we come!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kirchhoff
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only can you do it... But in fact, there are cards (such as "Endless Ranks" and "Cannon Fodder") that actually encourage/reward a deck with multiple non-unique characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.