Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Hirsh
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey All,
I picked up a copy of this at essen and just got round to assembling all the metal.
I'm struggling to get the legs of the spider drones to fit together properly. I am correctly lining up the shape of each of the two leg parts, however they don't slot together uniformly, leaving a gap.
My guess is that the debossed shape on one of the parts is too shallow for the embossed counter part.
This issue is for all the leg pieces I have with my game.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a common issue I've missed the solution to fixing somewhere?

Thanks!
B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem, then I realised, that one of the pair of legs sits above, while the other one goes below and that they are not interchangable! then the body fits nicely on those. It takes a bit of fiddling and trying out, but they actually all fit quite well. I only had to bend two of them a little bit so that the legs would rest well on the ground

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
ben2000677 wrote:
Hey All,
I picked up a copy of this at essen and just got round to assembling all the metal.
I'm struggling to get the legs of the spider drones to fit together properly. I am correctly lining up the shape of each of the two leg parts, however they don't slot together uniformly, leaving a gap.
My guess is that the debossed shape on one of the parts is too shallow for the embossed counter part.
This issue is for all the leg pieces I have with my game.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a common issue I've missed the solution to fixing somewhere?

Thanks!
B

Indeed, I had to do a lot of filling to make them fit. Get that elbow grease working!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hirsh
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmmm I tried again but all combinations leave a gap between the connecting plates of the leg sets. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ben2000677 wrote:
Hmmm I tried again but all combinations leave a gap between the connecting plates of the leg sets. :/

I used a fine hobby file with a triangular profile , going to a point.

So flat sides and a point for fine work. I did align the legs before filing and found that the two different sized legs needed to be orientated with the model correctly otherwise they clashed with the body.

Hope this helps.

You may notice that they do not all look identical and that tehre feet and bodies are at slightly different height - mainly because they do need a bit of filing and the byproduct is variety.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hirsh
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:

So flat sides and a point for fine work. I did align the legs before filing and found that the two different sized legs needed to be orientated with the model correctly otherwise they clashed with the body.

Just to ensure I am not getting confused, there are 2 sets of leg pieces. The bottom ones with a single square-ish debossed on the central circular plate. And the top set of legs with the matching square embossed on the underside and an embossed circle for the body of the miniature.

Can you confirm that there are no specific pairing of legs, as long as they are from differing sets they should fit together?

I am going to buy a diamond file set to try and flatten out the inside of the debossed squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they are all equivalent, just match top and bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exactly. a little bit of filing will make them all fit perfectly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hirsh
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
needle file set arriving today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.