8 Posts

Loop Inc.» Forums » General

Subject: Correcting the typo on all of the destination cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D G
msg tools
mb
Will they be releasing a version of the game that corrects the "B.C." and "A.D." typos on all of the destination cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Peña
Uruguay
Ciudad de la Costa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xynadn wrote:
Will they be releasing a version of the game that corrects the "B.C." and "A.D." typos on all of the destination cards?

Those are not typos. CE/BCE and AD/BC are equivalent notations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D G
msg tools
mb
Please do not reply unless it is an actual answer to my question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The implied answer is that there is no need for a reprint, so it is unlikely that a reprint is coming. If you want to contact the publisher to try for a ore definitive answer, you are welcome to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Peña
Uruguay
Ciudad de la Costa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xynadn wrote:
Please do not reply unless it is an actual answer to my question.
It was indeed a reply to your question. There is no need for a reprint as there is nothing to correct. I am sorry if my wording was confusing.

jayelbird wrote:
The implied answer is that there is no need for a reprint, so it is unlikely that a reprint is coming. If you want to contact the publisher to try for a ore definitive answer, you are welcome to try.
Thanks! At least, someone else got it. I thought it was my wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jorgeluispena wrote:
Xynadn wrote:

Actually it's not the same.

BCE means Before Common Era, while BC means Before Christ.
CE means Common Era, while AD means Anno domini.
It's true that from the chronological point of view they are alike, but, since not everyone is a religious person, you should use a neutral description, as the first.
I don't own the game but, as an atheist, I dislike the anno domini reference. I will probably buy this, since the theme and the mechanics appeal a lot to me, but this is a minus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
26october wrote:
jorgeluispena wrote:
Xynadn wrote:

Actually it's not the same.

BCE means Before Common Era, while BC means Before Christ.
CE means Common Era, while AD means Anno domini.
It's true that from the chronological point of view they are alike, but, since not everyone is a religious person, you should use a neutral description, as the first.
I don't own the game but, as an atheist, I dislike the anno domini reference. I will probably buy this, since the theme and the mechanics appeal a lot to me, but this is a minus.

Are you serious? This goes beyond a nitpick.

I'm atheist too but the truth is you can call it C.E., you can call it TGIF, you can call it whatever you want but that doesn't change the fact that common era and before common are still defined by the estimated birth of Christ. They are not chronologically "alike" to BC/AD they are identical. Hell BCE is even almost spelled the same. So unless you want start using the Chinese calendar or something you're pretty much screwed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
26 october
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, it's not so much about me, as it is about my daughter. We live in a country where you are shout at at school if you don't attend religion class (and lot of other bullying nasty stuff, since we don't!) and, therefore, we tend to be more sensitive about this topic. Still, if you want to be correct, it should be a neutral description.
Anyway, I bought the game and it's a blast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.