Dave Bennett

Indiana
msg tools
If I am reading the rules correctly, when the runner to the right of the first runner ends their turn, it signals the end of the ROUND. The next ROUND begins when the first runner discards the current Crossfire card (if there is one), and draws a new Crossfire card. The first runner then begins their TURN.

If there is an immediate effect on the Crossfire card's event, (not a continuous effect or timebomb effect), is the immediate effect resolved at the start of the ROUND, or the start of the first runner's TURN, or does the starting runner's turn begin when they draw the Crossfire card?

Scenario:
1. P3 of a 3P game ends their turn.
2. This signals the end of the round.
3. The beginning of the next round begins when the starting runner discards the current Crossfire card, then draws the new Crossfire card.
4. The Crossfire card is "HarleQuinade", which has an immediate effect that adds an obstacle into play.
5. The starting runner has not yet played any cards, signaling the start of their turn.
5. P2 has the "Suzuki Mirage" card, that has an Assist ability which puts the active Crossfire card at the bottom of the deck.

Question:
Can P2 assist the starting runner and play "Suzuki Mirage" to put "HarleQuinade" at the bottom of the deck before the immediate effect takes place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the Mirage card can be played to bury the crossfire card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that discarding/drawing a Crossfire card happens during a distinct "start of round" phase. This is not a part of any player's TURN but happens before the turn of the "First Player". Cards can only be played as part of a player's turn, so assists may not be played during the "start of round" or "end of round" phases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.