Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the theater leadership bonus awarded before or after theater leadership is transitioned? For example, suppose that the UK initially has leadership over the European theater. The US wins the European theater leadership issue in the conference. Which scenario is correct:

1. The UK receives one offensive/naval support marker before the US assumes theater control, receiving the two offensive/naval support markers for winning the issue in the preceding conference.

2. The US receives three offensive/naval support markers (two for winning the issue in the preceding conference and one for being the leader of the European theater).

I ask this question because the rule book orders the Theater Leadership Bonus (6.91) seemingly occurring before the Winning A Theater Leadership Issue (6.92). Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played as #1.

The leader of the theater gets the bonus prior to assigning "new" leadership and gaining the 2 tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before. You perform the actions in the order that they appear in the rules. 6.91 is the leadership bonus and 6.92 is the transfer caused by the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

FYI, this question has been asked before. Here are some discussions that may be of value to you, found during a quick search:

Command Confusion

Winning both Leadership issues - four or six offensive support?

Theater Leadership - Newbie Question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

FYI, this question has been asked before. Here are some discussions that may be of value to you, found during a quick search:

Command Confusion

Winning both Leadership issues - four or six offensive support?

Theater Leadership - Newbie Question

Thanks. When I conducted my search, I saw nothing but "play by forum" posts through which I did not want to sift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, I can understand that. When you do your searches, be sure to select the "Rules" forum as your search forum, to limit your search results! Otherwise as you discovered, you get results from all the forums which is a PIA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.