Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Hunting the Tigres with my sons tonight and on the first turn Belit moved 1 space (free movement) searched a chest (2 gems to roll 2 dice on a complex manipulation) and found a crossbow. Then Shevatis ran over to her area (1 gem to move an extra space) while Conan decimated the pirates. On their next turn, Belit allotted the maximum number of gems into her ranged fire (I think it's 4 gems) and shot Skuthus. Skuthos was taken down to 1 life despite my feeble attempts to defend him. Belit then dropped the Crossbow (free action) and Shevatis picked it up (1 gem for a simple manipulation). He then allotted the maximum number of gems into his ranged fire (4 gems) and shot Skuthus. I made another ineffective attempt to defend and, on turn 2, Skuthus was dead.

I searched the rules but could find no reason not to allow them to both use the crossbow in the same turn. What do you guys think? Did I miss something?

Another question: I sent two pirates into Belit's area to attack. Belit had one guard with her. Can that guard use his Sacrifice ability on both Pirate's attacks, assuming he successfully defended the first attack without dying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossbow rule seems fine. Looks like you should have reinforced him asap or sacrificed him for the outer demon.

The guard can defend both attacks if he survives the first attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig K
msg tools
Sounds like your heroes got lucky with that crossbow find. Myabe assuming you activate your archers on turn one (and why would you not?) move them to skulthus' zone and shoot from there. As skulthus has the skill 'Protected' they would have to at least shoot the archers first. (Note: green pirates work as a good arrow shield too).

As for 'Sacrifice' since each pirate is rolled separately if the guard survived the first attack I see no reason why they can't 'Sacrifice' again. (Note: 'Sacrifice' does not allow guard actions so no defence dice unless you want to allow guards to roll because they're controlled through 'Leadership' which seems a little counter intuitive to the skill 'Sacrifice')
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, no defence roll (Guard action) if you sacrifice; guards get their flat 1 armour only.

Crossbow use was fine.

This scenario is really difficult for the OL to win if the heroes play aggressive with Conan and Shevatas (who are both totally expendable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drake
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, your best bet would have been, as soon as you see that crossbow, get Skuthus into a space with some cannon fodder. He can't take a hit as long as he's got friendly company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VixenTorGames wrote:
Yeah, your best bet would have been, as soon as you see that crossbow, get Skuthus into a space with some cannon fodder. He can't take a hit as long as he's got friendly company.

I agree. I should have acted faster. I didn't expect my teenaged sons to make a perfect plan and then work their plan to perfection. It also didn't help that eight of my first twelve dice rolls were blanks. But I can't complain about having great competition living within the walls of my own home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.