Subject: Different sized cards between core sets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I just traded for a second core set and after making my new deck I notice while I'm shuffling that all my hero cards are not the same size. I take a look and it's all core set cards (I also have Khazad-dum and some quest decks). Apparently the hero deck cards between my core sets are different sizes. I haven't checked the encounter cards between the cores yet, since I just set all those aside from the new core. Has anyone heard of this? Did they change the card size with different editions of the game or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zachary johnston
Australia
Northcote
victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Dumdidumdidumdum...
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this too, but there was a couple of years between the core sets I bought (2010 and 2013). The cards got slightly thinner the newer they were.
If you have the actual box the date will be on the rear barcode, but there's not much you can do other than sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometime around 2011 or 2012, FFG changed the width of their LCGs. Stuff printed after that is slightly narrower than earlier printings. So, Star Wars, Netrunner, and Conquest don't have this issue at all. Game of Thrones, Invasion, Lord of the Rings, and (I assume) Call of Cthulhu all had this problem, though.

There've been some other minor printing changes over the years with all of the LCGs. Slight differences in texture, very minor margin changes, new corner bevels, stuff like that. Generally speaking, even if you know what to look for, those changes are hard to identify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.