Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » General

Subject: Distinguishing fleet markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
I painted 1,2 or 3 dots on the tops of the fleet ships. That works, although the Klingon ones are still a bit hard to see (because of the color and ship detailing). I just wondered if anyone has come up with another way to clearly mark their fleets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Just paint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That looks like entirely too much work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:

And entirely awesome too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, good idea. I've just got as far as gluing my fleet ships to the bases--but I've been busy painting up my 3D Star Bases in basic faction colors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the black bases intentionally speckled white to mimic a star field, or am I giving you entirely too much credit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
Novacat wrote:

Haha, Novacat if this is too much work

then so is rolling more than 10 dice at once.

TravelSized wrote:
Are the black bases intentionally speckled white to mimic a star field, or am I giving you entirely too much credit?

Yes, I speckled the bases.

I'm planning on uploading better pictures, and hopefully a painting guide but haven't got around to it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Novacat wrote:

Hehe, Yeah it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Painted the fleet numerals: Federation: navy blue, Klingons: black, Romulans: white. Painted the top for the third Klingon star base which was missing, and was just mailed to me after I mentioned it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Thanks. The paint job is indeed impressive, although I agree with Novacat. I did start off by painting the base numerals, but they were still a pain to distinguish when looking down at the lay-out; that's why I went with the spots on top of the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whardy wrote:
I did start off by painting the base numerals, but they were still a pain to distinguish when looking down at the lay-out

Really? What colours did you use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hardy
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Just black, which was all I had available. It didn't show up well against the green and red. In any case, I've found in easier to have dorsal markings for quick identification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R2EQ wrote:
Novacat wrote:

Haha, Novacat if this is too much work

then so is rolling more than 10 dice at once.

TravelSized wrote:

Yes, I speckled the bases.

I'm planning on uploading better pictures, and hopefully a painting guide but haven't got around to it yet.

Yess, a painting guide.
My attempts at speckling are awful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.