Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
So just got the game a few days ago. Me and my brother played a game. It's fun but have a few questions.

I was the Romans and thought because I can keep rise tokens between rounds I could take out a lot of his buildings but they are hard to come by. Is that normal or just the draw of the cards?

Also how do features work? Do they happen the moment you make them or at the start of each round? Maybe both like production? I wasn't sure. Lastly I wasn't sure if you can do your basic action, changing 2 people in for a good as much as you want for a single action. Like I know some cards let you do that 2 times and you can do it both times as a single action. Can I trade 6 people for 3 goods as a single action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raise tokens are pretty scarce, usually. For Romans not as much.

Yes, you can use the basic trade action as often as you like on 1 turn.

Feature question: not sure what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elena Litovka
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Features work exactly as it said on a card - they become active as soon as you build a card and can trigger on some conditions.
For example, if it says you get 1 VP when you build a grey building, then from now on you could get 1 VP for each new grey building (including the card itself). I believe, it was said in rules, though.

About trading people for goods - this was definitely in rulebook (I remember, because I was wondering this too). You even can trade 8 people for 2 wood, stone and a card all at once as a single action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bayes
United States
O'Fallon
MO
flag msg tools
mbmb
We were confused about about statute. It says you gain a victory point for every gray building in your empire. Does it mean when you play it? Or does it give you a point every time you play a new one?

Also for a foundation can I use a card from my hand? Like I use a raise token to raise a card in my hand. Can that be a foundation? Or does it have to be in play already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Morier
Canada
Beloeil
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
backspace8908 wrote:
We were confused about about statute. It says you gain a victory point for every gray building in your empire. Does it mean when you play it? Or does it give you a point every time you play a new one?

This is a one time bonus. The card that gives this bonus is probably grey so it also count.
The cards that give bonus every time would have this text: "each time you build grey building gain 1 vp".
backspace8908 wrote:

Also for a foundation can I use a card from my hand? Like I use a raise token to raise a card in my hand. Can that be a foundation? Or does it have to be in play already?

The foundation can't be from your hand. It must be a card that you have built (that a opponent could have raze or not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.