$20.00
$5.00
Jay
United States
Forest Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euphoria 2.0 watered down the quality of its dice, I am very disappointed !!!

I didn't expect this from Stonemaier Games.

Other publisher could do that, you shouldn't since you charge an arm and a leg for your games !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed that Stonemaier games were a premium price brand. Especially when compared to a publisher like EGG for instance. In UK, Euphoria is £35 this is a pretty good price for a game with the box content of Euphoria. Alien Frontiers is £30 for comparison. What's the premium price you're being asked to pay compared to an equivalent game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gagawolala wrote:
Euphoria 2.0 watered down the quality of its dice, I am very disappointed !!!

I didn't expect this from Stonemaier Games.

Other publisher could do that, you shouldn't since you charge an arm and a leg for your games !!!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our game.

I have both first and second edition and haven't noticed anything different about the dice. That said, I haven't made a direct comparison and I'm normally not someone who inspect my components closely if they're functional (I leave that to Jamey ).

So, may I ask, what the issue is with your dice? Maybe it's specific to your copy and thus something that can be fixed by a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 2nd edition dice seem to have some sides slightly longer than others. I suspect this has a relatively low impact on the game since it should impact opposite faces of the die in the same way (unless they're also out of square, which is possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grysqrl wrote:
My 2nd edition dice seem to have some sides slightly longer than others. I suspect this has a relatively low impact on the game since it should impact opposite faces of the die in the same way (unless they're also out of square, which is possible).

That's weird. I'd assume that it's the same molds that's been used for all dice in all editions. That's just an assumption, though.

I'll take a closer look at my first and second edition dice, when I get home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
"Euphoria 2.0 watered down the quality of its dice!!!"

--We actually spent more money on these dice, because we changed one of the sides of the dice that was easily confused with another side (we changed the 3 side so it looks less like the 2 side). Otherwise, the dice are made out of the exact same material--nothing is watered down.

Clearly, though, your experience is different, but I can't tell how it's different from your comment. Why don't you elaborate for us with a more detailed description and photos if you have them?

"Other publisher could do that, you shouldn't since you charge an arm and a leg for your games!!!"

--Like all publishers, we charge a multiplier of production costs for our games. Our multiplier is actually on the low end compared to other publishers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have a 1e copy, so I can't compare the two editions. However, I bought Euphoria retail and considered it very good value at the time. And as I said in my previous post, it currently sells in the UK at a reasonable £35 so I have no issue with Jamey's assertion wrt his pricing policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad when people use the forums to complain but don't follow up after the designer responds. I would ask if "Jay" tried contacting Jamey or not. SMG has great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik: This is indeed the first time I've heard anything from Jay (about the dice, at least. It's certainly possible I've heard from him about other stuff, but nothing I can recall).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well, game on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I might be buying a 2nd edition copy assuming that is what Cardhaus sends me. I will report my findings, but I have always been completely satisfied with Stonemaier's quality of components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm curious to see if you're seeing something I'm missing, Ryan. I've compared the dice side by side, and other than the change to the 3 side, they seem identical to me.

Also, not that it matters much, but there is no second edition of Euphoria, just reprintings of the original game with a few small changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy of the updated printing a few weeks ago, and had a very successful 3 player game last weekend. My dice were fine, so if there is a problem, it doesn't sound like it is widespread across all the printings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My dice appear to be in fine shape as well. Any chance these are lighter then the first edition dice? I played another person's first edition copy and I thought the dice were heavier, but it could just be my imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan: It's possible that they're very slightly different weights, but they're made out of the same type of plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu purple belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, just nonsense. The dice are fine. Can't wait for the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.