Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

1817» Forums » General

Subject: Difference between All-Aboard Games and Deep Thought Games eiditions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that this game has now two editions in that database:
(1) Deep Thought Games first edition (2009)
(2) All-Aboard Games first edition (2012)

Are there any differences between them? Or is All-Aboard Games only reselling copies done by Deep Thought Games, LLC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No differences outside of an annotation as to the printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adambadura wrote:
I just noticed that this game has now two editions in that database:
(1) Deep Thought Games first edition (2009)
(2) All-Aboard Games first edition (2012)

Are there any differences between them? Or is All-Aboard Games only reselling copies done by Deep Thought Games, LLC?

More subtle. AAG was one of DTG extra production facilities, so they were contributing to the main run, but then started helping out with the higher price express copies which they produce the same way (less flexibility) and changed the manufacturer branding on slightly.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilbertson
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... I have the All-Aboard edition myself, and highly recommend it as a fine quality, very carefully made, and quite beautiful version of the genre's most brilliant game (just offering a thoroughly biased opinion of my favorite 18XX!). Besides having beautiful (and abundant!) components, it's very quickly available from Scott Peterson in my home state of Minnesota. Got mine 4 days after ordering it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.