Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
99% sure this is correct, but I just want to go that extra notch to 100%.

Smoke affects an entire Pathfinding, but only those in that Pathfinding. So if I move up to the edge of a Pathfinding -- say, a door -- and a character is in the adjacent smoke-filled Pathfinding square, I can attack him hand-to-hand with no smoke-related penalties, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought to attack you had to be in the same pathfinding, so wouldnt they be affected bythe smoke then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shepherd
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow, you're right. Durr!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
Canada
Riverview
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
( Im no expert, just awaiting TH to show up!)

plus Im a tad disappointed it isnt really a MP game per se......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting point. We fixed this rule right away.

The way I play is that the smoke blocks all of the circles on one path that matches a color of the circle the grenade was used on. Then, any character on a smoke circle gets a penalty, and any character standing on a clear path who is targetting a character on a smoke path (as often happens in some corridors) also gets the penalty.

Essentially, in some areas, there is an overlap of paths down a long corridor. That corridor is filled with smoke, but a character at the far end may be on a different path. They can't just see a character at the end of the smoke area and clearly shoot them. There is a penalty.

Again, this is not the rules, but it's how we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.