$30.00
Phil Tegg
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So do we know if Dunwich Legacy is going to have five starter decks that can only be used in limited combinations, like the core?

It says each character has a complete playset but what does that mean? That each of the five characters has an individual starter deck or that all cards are in two copies, like the mythos packs?

It's going to affect my decision on whether or not I buy a second core. I can stomach doing that the once, but it's not worth it if I need to do the same for every big expansion!

Sorry if this is re-hashed, I could't find anything with the search.

Phil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
I think that refers to each card, not each investigator, ie 2 copies per card. Since the core is assumed, there probably aren't even going to be decks for the new investigators as such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you need cards from core to make decks to these new investigators.
So there will be two of each new cards in that expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have announced a total of 59 Player cards, so nothing close to a set of Starter Decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on numbering and levels of revealed cards, it's two copies each of 4 cards per class, of which three level 0 and one above level 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Dean
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The core will be absolutely necessary to make decks for - my guess - at least two years (that should be two big boxes and two cycles of chapter packs). Aside from the core set, I haven't seen any indication that you'd ever get less than a full playset of all new cards in big boxes and chapter packs.

From what they've announced so far, each big box will kick off the new campaign with at least one new scenario, introduce new investigators, a bump of 4-5 cards for each class, and then each monthly pack will have a new scenario for the campaign and 1-2 cards per class. That will closely mirror what they've done with LoTR, ensure that there's new scenarios to play with regularly, and give a steady supply of new cards for people to modify their decks with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
Since the core is assumed, there probably aren't even going to be decks for the new investigators as such.

I sincerely hope there will be some suggested starting decks fot the new investigators. Of course they will include cards from the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vittek wrote:
Weltenreiter wrote:
Since the core is assumed, there probably aren't even going to be decks for the new investigators as such.

I sincerely hope there will be some suggested starting decks fot the new investigators. Of course they will include cards from the core set.

I assume they will update the starter decks pdf as we go along, since it's listed as version 1.0

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/15/ed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Vittek wrote:
Weltenreiter wrote:

Their other LCGs usually include some suggested decklists in "deluxe" expansions like this, so I would expect Arkham to as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.