Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
babydog wrote:
Have a sale on

Actual link to sale

https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_NOTBLACKFRIDAY_334....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Kobe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything that I'm familiar with in this sale is really quite expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
The sale headline says 50% off listed products so i am assuming there is a code that will get you that extra discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Gamer and designer www.horizongraphics.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I was struggling to see the 50%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric
United Kingdom
Hove
Brighton and Hove
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote Facebook: The coupon code for the NOTBLACKFRIDAY sale is NOTBLACKFRIDAY, deals while stock lasts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That works! Several reasonably-priced games after the discount (I bought two), but some are available yet cheaper elsewhere: it's rare Gameslore get anywhere near keen pricing.

Use boardgameprices.co.uk to do a wide price comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Mckenzie
Scotland
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, worked a treat. Just bought Antarctica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anything worthwhile here? had a quick scan but it looked like a load of old tat to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squiz wrote:
load of old tat

I love that phrase. We need to use it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the only things I saw that were in any way tempting were out of stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
Gameslore are usually pretty good...but that's a toss sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -- Neil Gaiman, Sandman Vol 6
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the 50% discount, it makes the Magic the Gathering booster display boxes in the sale £33.33 each (plus postage). I don't play Magic much at all these days, but that seems like an excellent price, even if they're boosters from 2014 - I've grabbed a couple. It's probably not such a hot deal for people who play seriously, but that'll keep me and a couple of friends entertained for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wanted Romolo o Remo, but even at half price I know it's a game that'll perpetually live, unplayed, on my shelf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Code of Nine for about £13 The Walled City: Londonderry & Borderlands for about £20 which I was very happy with. If I didn't already own Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! £16 for it sounds like a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
I can't see what products this is

and you can only put promotional codes in very late [in the buying stage]

is this all products?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. -- Neil Gaiman, Sandman Vol 6
badge
I dork therefore I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
inkD wrote:
I can't see what products this is

and you can only put promotional codes in very late [in the buying stage]

is this all products?

No, it's only products in the sales page that the link in the first post takes you to.

You have the chance to use the coupon code during the checkout process - you'll need to enter it in the coupon field and update the basket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
inkey jones
msg tools
Thanks for that

I thought that was an alphabetical list of all their games

I'm sure there isn't, but anyway to search for sale items that play 7+ players - or are party games [?]

I can't see anyway - but thought someone might know better

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks to be the same stuff that was on the black friday sale last year - still haven't managed to shift such average games. I bought Grog Island, Galaxy of Trian and Al Rashid last year in the sale, all of them have since been sold on - no regrets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Grey
United Kingdom
London
Ashford, Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:
Looks to be the same stuff that was on the black friday sale last year - still haven't managed to shift such average games. I bought Grog Island, Galaxy of Trian and Al Rashid last year in the sale, all of them have since been sold on - no regrets.

I mean last year they had a few gems in there like Aquasphere and Praetor. It does seem a bit naf this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Twickenham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
velvetvoulge wrote:

Grog Island is a perfectly serviceable game... nothing spectacular, but what it does, it does well.

I think it's unfair to label these games 'tat'... sure, you're not going to find Agricola for a tenner, but there are some good games in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
TMVM wrote:
I picked up Code of Nine for about £13 The Walled City: Londonderry & Borderlands for about £20 which I was very happy with. If I didn't already own Moongha Invaders: Mad Scientists and Atomic Monsters Attack the Earth! £16 for it sounds like a steal.

The Walled City: Londonderry & BorderlandsIs available from Gameseek right now for £16.52, that's if you don't mind them cancelling your orders without informing you they've done so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jamessinden wrote:
velvetvoulge wrote:

Grog Island is a perfectly serviceable game... nothing spectacular, but what it does, it does well.

I think it's unfair to label these games 'tat'... sure, you're not going to find Agricola for a tenner, but there are some good games in here.

Yeah that's fair enough. I've just fallen into the trap in the past of buying games just because they are cheap (thanks mainly to the works). They just end up gathering dust on the shelf before getting rid of them for a game I actually want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sinden
United Kingdom
Twickenham
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all probably have

But even the works has included great games amongst the 'not so great' Notre Dame, Cuba, Arctic Scavengers, Origin, Taj Mahal etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susie_Cat
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, and if you get a good enough deal, you can always sell it on and might even make a small profit. We made £10 profit on a copy of Arctic Scavengers a couple of years ago, and broke even on a copy of the Cuba expansion this year.

Susie_Cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a few more items have been added since yesterday.

Last year's staples Grog Island, Praetor, Shafausa, etc. have re-arrived on sale. Can't see much else new right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.