Martin Wallace» Forums » General Creator Forum

Subject: Wallace Game List rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
The list of Martins games on this designer-page is not complete. For example "Tempus", "Sixteen Thirty Something", "Lords of Creation" and other early stuff is missing.

How could one improve that? Are users allowed to edit such a list? Or should I write an email to the BGG-crew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey Le fevre
Belgium
flag msg tools
Second that Need an update to complete my Wallace collection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abridged list of notable games, so not trying to be complete. It's either a wiki or submit a correction. In either case, hit 'edit'

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, if you want the full list you go to the "Linked Items" Module and see all 10 pages of that list. There doesn't need to be duplication. And you can sort/filter the Listed Items in a number of useful ways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the abridged list here is 43 games long -- already quite long, as these things go. He's certainly a prodigious designer, but I suspect that the list could use some trimming. Is Clash of Wills: Shiloh 1862 really all that "notable"?

For the full list of 96 games, you can flip through the Linked Items as suggested above, or you could do an advanced search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with most things Internet/BGG there's a lack of clarity over what constitutes "notable" designs. Does this mean "highest ranking", "biggest selling", "most innovative", "most influential", "personal favourite", I could go on, but you (hopefully) get my point. Personally, I'd say that the first 20 of Martin's games listed by rank would qualify in one or more of the categories that I've listed. But there are definitely some notables on later pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
Besides, if you want the full list you go to the "Linked Items" Module ...

Thanks a lot to you and Bruce Murphy.
Yes, I overlooked the "notable". the new BGG-design still leaves room for improvements in clarity, at least for simple minds like me ;-).

The full list is what I really wanted, and it's there in all of Martins glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Arnemann
Germany
Darmstadt
flag msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Is Clash of Wills: Shiloh 1862 really all that "notable"?

As I now discovered the "real" list (thanks to you too), which can be sorted nicely for BGG-rank - I would say you question Shiloh rightly.
At least if we us high BGG-rank as being a good measurement for "notable".

Shiloh is in the bottom half of Martins list. While on the other hand Tempus is the best-ranked game missing on the notable list.

But on the whole the notable list consists mainly of high-ranking games and seems to be quite adequate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.