United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the game on kickstarter, went through the extra-long wait for the game to arrive, but wasn't able to actually get it to the table until just this weekend.

I'm not much of a game salesman or teacher, but my friends (and even I) weren't all that convinced it was going to be any good. I don't know what it was, but our expectations were low.

And then.. after a few rounds.. we all started talking about how much deeper this game is than we expected! All of the decisions are extremely meaningful, despite what looks like a light filler game on the surface.

Definitely going to try it again soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it is a VERY nice filler/short game, a lot more fun than the average small game. With some very original mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a very well put together game. It is simple and fun but I wouldn't call it a filler, expecially if the players are prone to analysis paralysis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
It is a very well put together game. It is simple and fun but I wouldn't call it a filler, expecially if the players are prone to analysis paralysis.

Lol perhaps not in that case - but we don't really do that (yet?)! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that each game gets a little shorter.

But they still go about 45 minutes on average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pugmire
United States
Fayetteville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I had pretty low expectations for this one as well, and I didn't get it to the table for a long time. I too was pleasantly surprised. I really like this game. It's easy to teach and understand, and has fun decisions.

Some of the reviews said this game overstays its welcome, but the box size probably makes people think it should be really quick game. So more of an issue of mismatched expectations I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh aka "OssianGrr"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.. Small box, cartoony artwork, gives you a different vibe of the game from what it actually is.
Now that I've played a full game and can describe it better, I think I will try to get it to more game nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for me As I waited for it to ship, I regretting backing this project, as I didn't think it'd fit what I was looking for in a game. But it's turned out to be a really fun and popular game with my group! I always bring it with me and always suggest a play through of it. It's not a filler, but it does play pretty quick for me. Glad I got it! (even tempted to pick up that promo card for it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.