Hide
6 Posts

A Most Dangerous Time: Japan in Chaos, 1570-1584» Forums » Rules

Subject: negotiation roll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
archita archita
msg tools
its correct that more negotiation attempts can be rolled on the same unit on the same space ?

A castle space with 2 spaces can be soft target in this way because there is battle betrayers vs loyal of garrison and next exploit of adiacent units .

the combo negotiation + storming cracks the meaning of castles in this game.

I suggest a refix on diplomacy that get useless sieges and battles in period far more intense of battles and sieges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is possible to negotiate multiple times against the same unit.

It creates some tense die rolls, but usually the odds are against the negotiator. And a wise defender can usually stack enough units to make the negotiation impossible or meaningless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
archita archita
msg tools
Chee wrote:
Yes, it is possible to negotiate multiple times against the same unit.

It creates some tense die rolls, but usually the odds are against the negotiator. And a wise defender can usually stack enough units to make the negotiation impossible or meaningless.

yes but I think that logic must suggests that a castle that refuse a negotiation can't change idea

in this way a failed negotiation can slows the unbalancing "borg" effect of multiple succesfull negotiations and there is issue that Oda stacks can grows with betrayer units and regroup box becomes empty for faction under negotiation too ( for example Takeda ).

and I ask if its possible that Oda player can negotiate and adsorb Nagashino,Futamata and Kakegawa without the chance to have 2 of 3 change side to anti oda as Bessho and Hatano neutral clans.

Oda player can gain 3 further units without risk.

I not like the combo negotiation + attack on same space because castles with daimyo or samurai becomes too easy to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nanashi Santouhei
Japan
flag msg tools
This was a civil war.
Most samurais at this period were very egoistic and had weak loyalty for their boss.

Hideyoshi was very famous for his skill of negotiation , his speech had provided good reason to betray for his opponents.

So Mouri clan, Honganji temple faction and doubtful generals were the most difficult enemies for Oda Nobunaga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nanashi Santouhei
Japan
flag msg tools
>Oda player can gain 3 further units without risk.

Yes. Oda(Tokugawa)clan has to gain those 3 areas and units before Takeda enters the war.
The risk for Oda is the failure to gain them.

>I not like the combo negotiation + attack on same space because castles with daimyo or samurai becomes too easy to take.

Hmm...
After Oda clan had introduced thousands of matchlock guns, Japanese small castles on mountains became fragile against assaults by matchlock gun fires(no canons).
(Azai's Odani castle was an exceptionally robust mountain castle.)

Oda and his successors settled their castles at plains with wide moats filled with water.
Ishiyama(Osaka) and Ise-Nagashima had surrounded by rivers as natural water moats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
archita archita
msg tools
yes but I feel this game unbalanced for anti-Oda side, maybe historically correct but bad for gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.