California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmb
Time Well Spent has release dates for some games you may have heard of:

Time Well Spent wrote:
(05/24/07) Game Release UPDATE!
These games are all due in very soon. We've even been given release dates on most of them. If all goes well, we will have the games here from our distributor the day they are set to release.
Colosseum Tuesday, May 29th
Notre Dame Wednesday, May 30th
Tide of Iron Thursday, May 31st
Age of Empires III: The Age of Discovery Any day now
The gaming gods have a cruel sense of humor not putting these games into our hot little hands until after the 3-day weekend. Too bad, I was hoping to try some of these at KublaCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Kimmel
United States
Waconia
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a silver lining here Ed.....
At least there is a RELEASE DATE that is not 6 months out!
My Canadien friends ( GO SENATORS!!!) are missing there chance at a 3-day holiday gameplay for these releases by 2 weeks!
I will have to do a search to see if ANY place in the world has a 3 day weekend upon the release dates...that way at least some people can take advantage of it!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I envy those people within driving distance of the Timewellspent warehouse. I get their stuff in two days by UPS ground, which is still pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
I envy those people within driving distance of the Timewellspent warehouse. I get their stuff in two days by UPS ground, which is still pretty good.

I'm friends with Dave at TimeWellSpent and live and work about 10 minutes from the warehouse. Unfortunately I paid $60 for a pre-order of Age of Empires a couple of weeks ago and never recieved a confirmation so who knows what's going to happen with my order. I might just get it long after the people who buy it from retailers and have to wait for it to ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wilson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But at least you'll get the 6th player color.
While you're waiting for it to arrive maybe you can play in my 5 player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
ed95005 wrote:
The gaming gods have a cruel sense of humor not putting these games into our hot little hands until after the 3-day weekend. Too bad, I was hoping to try some of these at KublaCon.
I'd be willing to bet that Days of Wonder will have copies of Colosseum for sale at KublaCon. They'll probably get a case or two shipped in special just for the con. Two years ago, they had about twelve copies of Shadows Over Camelot on sale before it was generally availabe. Needless to say they went fast. Sold out in the first hour, as I recall. Check the Days of Wonder booth first thing on Friday and maybe you'll get lucky!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
That's why you need to move to colorado and join all our gaming groups!

Western_US

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Ramsey
United States
Meridian
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:
craniac wrote:
That's why you need to move to colorado and join all our gaming groups!

Western_US

^ What Sterling said. Get yourself moved to Denver!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Yucaipa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
My Canadien friends ( GO SENATORS!!!) are missing there chance at a 3-day holiday gameplay for these releases by 2 weeks!

Sorry to be so niave, but do our Canadian friends have a long weekend to match our Memorial Day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dahtcom wrote:
JohnnyD wrote:

Sorry to be so niave, but do our Canadian friends have a long weekend to match our Memorial Day?

(Disclaimer: I am not Canadian, but as the microbadge says, I speak Canadian)

Victoria Day is the Monday before Memorial Day, so Canadians get a 3 day weekend one week earlier in order to celebrate the birthday of the reigning sovereign.

As for a holiday to match the intended sentiment of Memorial Day, that would be Remembrance Day on November 11th, the same date as Veterans Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls