5 Posts

Illuminati: New World Order» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you destroy a place without a disaster ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fifi brindacier
msg tools
Hello,

I started playing with friends a few days ago. We played Deluxe illuminati for years and INWO is much more complicated, with lots of exceptions in the rules.

Places are part of group cards, am i right ?
In the rules it says that you can attempt an attack to destroy ANY GROUP CARD except Illuminati.
So, can you make a classic attack to destroy a place, instead of an instant attack with a disaster to devastate it ?

Are there some special rules for that ?

With personnalities, wich are part of the group cards, it says that you can make classical attack to destroy them but they are not really killed (we can bring them back with some cards). But if you use any ASSASSINNATION card, they are killed for real, am i right ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
solipsist gaming
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are correct on all your assumptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
extaz93 wrote:
Hello,

I started playing with friends a few days ago. We played Deluxe illuminati for years and INWO is much more complicated, with lots of exceptions in the rules.

Places are part of group cards, am i right ?
In the rules it says that you can attempt an attack to destroy ANY GROUP CARD except Illuminati.
So, can you make a classic attack to destroy a place, instead of an instant attack with a disaster to devastate it ?

Are there some special rules for that ?

The disaster are an additional way to try to destroy a place.

extaz93 wrote:
With personalities, which are part of the group cards, it says that you can make classical attack to destroy them but they are not really killed (we can bring them back with some cards). But if you use any ASSASSINATION card, they are killed for real, am i right ?

If you play a card that brings back something, you don't void any rule, just apply what that card can do: bring something (person, place, artifact or what else) back in play. The use of such a card doesn't say that you can kill someone (destroy something), it says that you "avoided it in a strange Illuminati way".
Edit: corrected typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fifi brindacier
msg tools
Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Parker
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Disasters (like Assassinations) are IMMEDIATE Attacks to Destroy and can Interrupt on other people's turns.

You may make it the main point of your own turn, of course.

Otherwise, you can destroy it per normal rules.

Places won't be Devastated if you fail (by a margin) in a normal Attack to Destroy.

Places and Personalities and the addition of the PLOT deck and many, many ideas made this one of the best and favorite games I've played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.