Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the week behind us it's time to post your week's mini-session reports and stories to answer our favorite question:

mbmbWhat did you play this week?

mbmbcorn This week's WDYPTW Geeklist
mbmbcorn WDYPTW subscription thread
mbmbcorn The WDYPTW Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An enjoyable week of games to help balance the stress and busy-ness...

Wednesday
2x - Forbidden Island

Friday
1x - Luna - mb
1x - Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents - New!
1x - Bora Bora - mb

Saturday
1x - Mice & Mystics - mbNew!

It was a busy week but a great day of gaming on my day off on Friday.

meeple Keep playing...
BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2016 List at 82/100
Top 10 Games I Wish My Friends Would Play More - 2016 Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaipur x3
Pandemic Legacy x2
Labyrinth x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Dostalova
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a very good gaming week. 4 days of gaming, 13 plays of 8 games, 1 of them totally new, 2 of them kind of new. I only won 3 of those plays but it was still great.

Thursday

Heir to the Pharaoh - new
Neanderthal
Love Letter
Hey, That's My Fish!

Friday

Neanderthal
Innovation
Tiny Epic Western
Evolution: Climate - new (played the original)

Saturday

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)
Love Letter Premium 2x - new (played the original)
Evolution: Climate

Sunday

Evolution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Stephen
Scotland
Dundee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenoko
Star Realms
Seasons

Was my third time playing Star Realms. With all the talk online about how good the game was, I was keen to play it originally but never liked it. But last night I gave it another go. While I doubt I'll ever become a serious fan of the game, I enjoyed it more than I did previously.

And Seasons has also been a game that I played before, didn't really like, but recently have tried it again a couple times and have been enjoying a lot more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday:
Home
Gorechosen once with GF

Wednesday:
Home
Gorechosen one more time with GF again

Friday:
FLGS Club
Mansions of Madness played 3 + 1(keeper) player game
Gorechosen played 4 player game

Sunday:
Home
The Dwarves first game with GF

So Gorechosen turned out to be a little gem from GW and now I am more inclined to try out their other boxed games. Very tight and very fun to play in 30-60 minutes.

I hate hate hate Mansions of Madness 1st Ed, but I was asked to teach the rules and be the Keeper for the game. In the end, I enjoyed myself (and others hopefully!). Maybe because I won modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With our son home from college for Thanksgiving (our daughter gets home tomorrow), we played several games in 3-player mode...

Love Letter - in which Kim crushed Dave and I, 5-1-1.
Citadels - where Kim won the first game 40 to 32 for Dave and 18 for me, and where Dave won the second game 32 to 30 for Kim and 21 for me.
Bananagrams - where Kim continued her winning ways!

Usually I get a win or two when we play these games, but despite losing at everything this weekend I had a great time, especially with Dave being home and playing with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bailey
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Marvel Legendary x2
Deep Space D-6 x3
The Manhattan Project: Energy Empire x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Slower week than the previous few, but still ok.

Friday
Machi Koro. Went to some friends and they had this game. I won, but ehh.

Saturday
Ticket to Ride x3. This was kind of crazy. First we tied and my wife won because of the tie breaker. Second game she won by one point. Third game I won by one point. Seems quite unlikely to play three games of TTR only and have our combined scores equal.

Deception: Murder in Hong Kong x5. Every few months four couples get together for dinner and games. This was my latest attempt to make everyone happy and I think it succeeded. Was my first time playing too. I think I was good at being the Scientist (we won), but pretty bad as being a regular investigator. One time I was the Accomplice, but the murderer picked bad cards and the Scientist had great clue tiles and they got us quickly.

Sunday
Drive. My wife beat me down.

Thanksday week should prove pretty good for me. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cheng
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ghost Fighting Treasure Hunters x1
Apples to Apples x1
German Railroads x1
High $ociety x2
Sushi Go! x2
Dr. Eureka x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SUNDAY-

Scythe
Concordia
Viticulture
San Juan
El Grande
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday - MECHS VS MINIONS : Failed in our first try of mission three.
VITICULTURE : Played two 3 player games.

Sunday - CONAN : After a long wait finally got Conan on Saturday and played 2 games on Sunday. Very fun - just played the first scenario with heroes winning one game and the overlord winning one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City of Spies: Estoril 1942 x 1
The Castles of Burgundy x 1
King of Tokyo x 4
Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft x 1 (solo)
Trambahn x 1 (solo)
Hit Z Road x 1 (solo)
Onirim x 6 (solo)
Guilds of London x 1 (solo)
Sentinels of the Multiverse x 1 (solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Shiffler
United States
Manchester
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday: HeroClix Joker's Wild Pre-Release at Portal Games
Friday: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past Played the first two chapters as the villains and got stomped hard by the accursed turtles...
Saturday: Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China We played against Lo Pan with the "One and the Same Person, Jack" scheme. Took out a few cards off each version of him but could not score the W. Very difficult scenario, but it was a lot of fun!
Sunday: HeroClix Joker's Wild Marquee at Comic Store West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Schippa
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
6 x Scythe
1 x Sheriff of Nottingham
1 x Arboretum

All on my 10x10 list.
Still loving Scythe after 7 solo plays and 2 2-3 player games. Same with Arboretum, however Sheriff is falling fast for me. Just not enough there long term. Still an entertaining game to break out every once in a while with non-gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic: Legacy x5 - played through August. We're 7-3 now after a 4-0 start. Europe is not looking great.

Exploding Kittens x2 - quick filler while waiting for our fourth. Dumb game. Fine for a quick 10-minute time killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
1x The Grizzled
1x Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure

Saturday
1x Colony
1x Inis
1x Mi Tierra: New Era
1x Black Orchestra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow week! Hope to get a lot of gaming in this long weekend...

Goonies the Card Game x1
Imhotep x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
This past weekend I just got Starwars Rebellion and that's all we mostly played. Love this game.

Starwars Rebellion 5x
King of Tokyo 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titan | 5p game | part 3 of 3 which added another 4 hours
I ended up getting eliminated, but not the 1st one. The player set to do that got eliminated himself.

I then made a mistake in the board icons, and it turned out, another player was able to move to my legion which comprised of my singular Titan.

The remaining 3 players duked it out, but 1 of them only had 2 Legions, then one, vs. the other 2 players who had 4+.

With the final 2 players left, by freak luck, one of them managed to stumble into the other player's legion with his Titan FTW.

Wits & Wagers Party | 6p | 50 minutes?
Basically, regular W&W without the play mat

Coup Rebellion x2 | 6p | 24 minutes + 30 minutes
Did "the first game" for our first game (or whatever the first recommended setup is called in the rulebook)... Banker, Ambassador, Guerilla guy, and 2 otheres

2nd game had Customs Agent, Writer, Judge, Politician, and Spy.

Rise Of Augustus | 5p | 39 minutes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This week, we played less than I would have hoped. But we did play two new-to-me games that I'm enthusiastic about

On Tuesday, GF and I played Tides of Madness for the first time. I read it and Tides of Time being mentioned as excellent two-player games a few times, so I bought ToM without researching it further. While reading the rules, I thought 'Drafting? Set collection? Sounds like Sushi Go!'. And in all honesty, I don't particularly love Sushi Go.
But I was pleasantly surprised by ToM In Sushi Go, the sets interact with themselves. Dumplings go with dumplings, sashimis with sashimis and so forth. In ToM a yellow card might score blue and red, leading to a game that's a lot more dynamic. Hate drafting is quite possible, but less obvious than in Sushi Go. So all in all, I actually did like this game quite a bit

Fast-forward to Friday. We finally tried Trajan. I bought it at a local convention, because I wanted to try a Feld. And Trajan is the one that appealed the most to me. After reading the rules, I was super enthusiastic, but it took a few days to get my GF to give it a go. And what an awesome game it is! I love how the different actions interlock through the tiles and build actions. I think it would have been an interesting, somewhat vanilla, mid-weight Euro with just that. But the mancala and the Trajan tiles turn it into a gigantic puzzle screaming to be solved.

On Saturday, we were at GF's parents' place, and we had planned to play a game together I brought a bag full of'em and had them pick. Her dad and brother chose Trajan, so you can imagine how happy I was. (Note: they've played some modern board games before and are of above average intelligence, I don't push heavier games on random people.) It ran a little longer than expected, but they really liked it

On Sunday, we played two rounds of Ice Cool before heading back home. Always tons of fun, and everyone wants a second play after they learn it

And to add to all that fun, I got home to a package from my Secret Santa! They gave me The Grizzled and The Castles of Burgundy. So after playing my first Feld, I already have my second one lined up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Heirs of Blood - Got my butt handed to me. Heroes couldn't have rolled any better and I (OL) couldn't have rolleed any worse.

Sunday:
A Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords Expansion - Got to seven as did another player, but he had more territories and won the tie breaker. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Dream Home
Lotus

Once each
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Ips
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Steampunk Rally
Ghost Stories x 2
Alhambra x 2
Myrmes
Concordia
Tzolk'in x 2
Small World x 2
Quizmysteriet
Dungeon Petz x 3
Escape: The Curse of the Temple x 4
Flick 'em Up!
Codenames: Pictures x 2
Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)
Nations: The Dice Game x 5
One Night Ultimate Werewolf x 5
Legends of Andor x 2
Hanabi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.