Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Box caption rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I finally got my hands on my piece and while I have no trouble with the strange caption on the sides of the box (I've got SOHNIA on my shelf ...) why on earth is the name of the game not printed on either the top or the bottom side off the box?

I have to put it in my shelf this way and EGG made it right with The Gallerist and I saw it in the pictures for Lisboa as well.

Now I have a game without a name on my shelf...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i was quite sad when I noticed this!
I reserved a special spot in the middle of my Kallax shelves for...
A nameless box !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Barber
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree! This is weird and frustrating to someone who is very particular about the organization of their collection, like myself. I suppose all things considered it's not the worst thing, but it seems like an oversight for an otherwise gorgeous and well-designed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeCaffinatedPlease wrote:
I agree! This is weird and frustrating to someone who is very particular about the organization of their collection, like myself. I suppose all things considered it's not the worst thing, but it seems like an oversight for an otherwise gorgeous and well-designed game.
Problem solved. You still get the gorgeous and well-designed game but without the weird frustration of having a box that isn't up to your standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian O'Toole
Australia
Queens Park
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, this one's on me. Apologies for the oversight, all soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ianotoole wrote:

All the goodness you've done in all these games *far* outweighs this.

This is just a minor issue that tickles the OCD-ness in some of us. Nothing more

Thanks again for all your great work...your art is just beautiful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:
DeCaffinatedPlease wrote:
Problem solved. You still get the gorgeous and well-designed game but without the weird frustration of having a box that isn't up to your standards.

uh, yeah, no. Beautiful art (name printed or no) trumps a bunch of black boxes everyday in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Barber
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ianotoole wrote:

Honestly, all things considered it's a nitpick on an otherwise amazing art and graphic design. I love bringing this game to the table just to see the gorgeous components and artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ianotoole wrote:

So very much accepted!
Thanks for your work...!

PS: Better on the box than on the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.