GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,597 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Handmade Crawlers, Hazmat Necromancer and A-Bomb-ination [DIY] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melle de Jong
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So yeah after my experiment with creating my own 3d barriers and rubble for Toxic City Mall (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1637710/zombicide-creating-...) I had some plastic soldiers left to demolish!

A friend of mine told me it could be nice to make your own crawlers and introduce a modern 'necromancer' that was introduced with Black Plague. I can just easily mark 6 spawn cards as necromancer cards to implement it into the game.

At first I cut all the bases from the soldiers to be able to alter them.
Because the soldiers are a lot bigger than regular miniatures I cut away excess plastic with a hobby knife from their legs, arms, torso, back and head. Now the figure had a lot less mass.

The next step was to cut off some body parts to create the crawler effect. With a clipper I removed parts of the legs and arms and shredded them a little bit to make it a bit more gory.

With a regular lighter I made the plastic warm so I could alter the form of the plastic. I could now make the torso, legs, arms and even the head a bit smaller by compressing the plastic a bit.
After I was satisfied with the result I would then glue them back onto a base.

Next I just spraypainted every crawler with a grey primer for future painting. I plan to paint them in a later stage.

I still had some soldiers left and used some remaining plastic to alter a plastic toy soldier into a necromancer kind of miniature.

Since this is the modern zombicide I decided to make a Hazmat suit badguy to fit the theme. This guy likes to meddle with nature and could well be responsible for the entire zombie outbreak!

I tried to make the mini a little bit smaller by compressing the warm plastic to create the facemask and used excess plastic I cut off earlier to create the oxygen tube on the back to make it look more like a hazmat suit.

After I was satisfied with the result I again spraypainted it with a grey primer and then used a yellow spraypaint for the base color.

Here is a picture of the crawlers mixed with regular zombies and the Hazmat necromancer.

With the remaining soldiers I just melted a lot of spare body parts together and created my own A-bomb abomination. It took some effort to make it look less like a standard toy soldier but I wast quite happy with the result.

What do you guys think of my creations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melle de Jong
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Crawlers, Hazmat Necromancer and A-Bomb-ination
This is the spawn card I made for the Hazmat crazy scientist necromancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.