5 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: People of the Sun Campaign - Protective disorder question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
When purifying a survivor in the level one pool in this campaign it says that the purified survivor gets the Protective disorder. However, there is no such disorder that I have been able to identify. Does it simply mean that the text following "Protective disorder and..." is the disorder? Does that mean that if one cures this disease that survivor will loose the "bonus" of +1 to an attribute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your answer. I tried to search for this before but was not able to find anything on this forum. Do you have anything backing your statement or is it an assumption? I had also thought that it might be overprotective disorder they had intended, but I would have been most comfortable if I found something backing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for your arguments. I believe Overprotected is not part of the expansion (Not able to check right now). I think I will play as you suggest. I agree it can not take back the bonus if it gets erased and this means "protective" should be something other than the bonus.
Overprotective and protective disorder is easy to mix up. You did in your last post. I will assume the game did the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I have played PotSun with Overprotective disorder serving as the "Protective disorder" the Sacred Pool dictates a character receives upon purification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We did the same (use overprotective). Basically you are getting a buff (+1 stat) at the cost of a minor inconvenience (disorder). That seems fair given how easy it is to get purified.

Poots has a history of minor typos, so it is also likely that this was the intention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.