$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Matthias Schneider
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
Hello Community from Germany,

I want to bought the game but here in Germany it is difficult to get it with the promo exploration card deck and the promo starbases. So I have only two questions about STA:

1. How do I know if the core game has the 15 Promo-Exploration cards? Are these included inside?

2. I read in the download section about an word-doc of the table of content:

Exploration Cards
Virgin (Green) Core 11 TOS 0
Discover (Blue) Core 11 TOS 6
Civilization (Yellow) Core 12 TOS 3
Crisis (Red) Core 11 TOS 6
TOTALS: CORE 45 TOS 15 ALL 60

Does it mean, that the coregame has 45 exploration cards and the 15 TOS-cards are the promo cards? Or has the coregame regular 60 exploration cards including TOS cards and in addition 15 promo exploration cards?

I would be happy if anyone could answer me, apologize grammatical errors and regards, Matthias

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 15 TOS cards are the promo cards. They have a little 50th Anniversary logo on them.

I read somewhere around here that the entire first print run has the promo cards included. The component list printed on the back of the box says 60 Exploration cards, which includes the promo cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Schneider
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
Hi and thx for the fast answer! Are you shure? Because I have a retailer and there is nothing printed about 50th anniversary or promo cards at the package. But inside they told me are 60 exploration cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy has 45 regular Exploration cards, and 15 TOS cards with the 50th logo on them. The only indication on the outside of the box was a tiny sticker on the shrinkwrap indicating the promo cards were inside.

That is all I am sure of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Masters
England
flag msg tools
#!STRING_NOT_FOUND!#
badge
Son of Jor-El
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had one deck of 45 exploration cards, plus another seperately packaged deck of 15 promo exploration cards (the ones with the 50th anniversary logo on them).

I vaguely remember there being a sticker on the outside of the shrink-wrap that the box came in saying that it contained the 50th anniversary cards too, but there's nothing on the actual box itself that says so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Yup, these people are correct. There are 45 base cards and 15 50th cards (with a little logo on them).

The box is printed saying that it has 60 cards but this includes the 50th deck. The only indicator is a 50th anniversary logo sticker on the shrink wrap on the lower right hand front facing corner.

Inside the 50th cards are packaged separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:
Yup, these people are correct. There are 45 base cards and 15 50th cards (with a little logo on them).

The box is printed saying that it has 60 cards but this includes the 50th deck. The only indicator is a 50th anniversary logo sticker on the shrink wrap on the lower right hand front facing corner.

It is funny that the 50 anniversary cards are inside the box while the resin starbases are outside the box.

Back on exploration card number I think 45 is the core for the reprints but by then there will be expansions out that has more exploration cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marinealver wrote:
John1701 wrote:

It is funny that the 50 anniversary cards are inside the box while the resin starbases are outside the box.

Back on exploration card number I think 45 is the core for the reprints but by then there will be expansions out that has more exploration cards.

the 3d starbases are never meant to be part of the box, you only get these at conventions or from a select few retailers as a bonus.
they are not standard with the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.