badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emerald City Diamant Lottery

When
Saturday June 2nd to Friday June 8th

BSW Location
C41-24

Rules

1) Each player will get one chance to win a prize for their city for each day you play in the Lottery.
2) Each city, except ARMfield, can only win one prize.
3) If, during the drawing, an ARMfield citizen or a citizen from a city who already won a prize is picked, that prize is re-picked.

Prizes

3 Prizes will be awarded. The amount of Talers for the Prizes will increase for each game played. The amount the Prize will increase will depend on the number of players in the game that just finished.

The prize levels will start at:

1st Prize: 500 Taler
2nd Prize: 300 Taler
3rd Prize: 200 Taler

In short, the more you play, the more you can win.

The website: http://www.emeraldcity41.net/BSWInfo/Lottery.aspx will be updated after each game with the current prizes, players and what day they played. Once the Lottery is over, the winners will be on this site too.

Have Fun! Hope to see you there!

PS Sorry for the OT thread. Lupus Landing's new forum still seems to be in a state of flux. I'll pop this to the top when the date gets closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pop to top.

This starts today 5PM BGG time.

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: OT: C41 EC Diamant Lottery Saturday June 2 to Friday Jun
there is a total of 3 prizes, and at the end of the 6 days, those 3 are awarded?

an individual gains one entry per day she plays at least one game of diamant in your room?

and the only benefit of playing more than once per day is to drive the prize value higher?

after seeing the lottery in action, I see the answers to these three are all "yes"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwandke wrote:
there is a total of 3 prizes, and at the end of the 6 days, those 3 are awarded?

an individual gains one entry per day she plays at least one game of diamant in your room?

and the only benefit of playing more than once per day is to drive the prize value higher?

Yes to all, but Sat to Friday is 7 days.

I would have liked one entry per game played, but it's my first puppet. Next time.

Still, most of these that I've played, its one entry for the whole event (not each day) and the amount is fixed (instead of growing).

The drawing may be posted on youtube, so you all might get to see my smiling face. gulp

You can hear me at least on this one (and see one of my kids):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pretty cool.

I've never seen most of that stuff. Like the cows walking around. Or the barrel loader. In fact, if your video had shown the barrel loader w/o showing those cows first, I would have been totally mystified how the barrel loader works.

Your helper was great.

You say it's the set-up for 2006. Do you disassemble everything and pick a whole new theme and/or aesthetic for 2007?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwandke wrote:
You say it's the set-up for 2006. Do you disassemble everything and pick a whole new theme and/or aesthetic for 2007?

I disassemble.

I have about 5 or 6 different engines. 2006 was more buildings and less track. This Xmas will get 4 or 5 engines running at the same time and put up less buildings to make room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I told my wife about your video and the cool things in it, and my boy was listening, and so this morning, we just finished setting up his big Thomas set, at his insistence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwandke wrote:
Like the cows walking around. Or the barrel loader. In fact, if your video had shown the barrel loader w/o showing those cows first, I would have been totally mystified how the barrel loader works.

Actually the cows work like the old electronic football games with a vibrating board. The barrel loader car actually has a small arm that goes from the base of the house to the car. You can see it if you look carefully...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaulW
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1st Prize: 1250 Taler Emerald City
2nd Prize: 750 Taler Concordia
3rd Prize: 500 Taler Versailles

Even though we won the drawing, we are going to give 750 Talers of our prize to LupusLanding for (far and away) being the city who played in the lottery the most. Thanks for playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whoa! Holy cow. That's really nice of you guys.

Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pbw,

you can rename this "the paul and jon thread" and use it for future communication to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Paul. We appreciate the prize and I enjoyed my few games of Diamant during the Lottery!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul! You are AWESOME!

Thank You and LupusLanding Thanks You!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls