Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denis O Connell
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the Card Size?

I was in a GW store today and measured the cards - I found them to be 75mm by 110mm. But getting sleeves for this size seems to be nearly impossible - could only find Swan Cards of that size.

Did I measure them wrong or are they actually that weird size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't surprise me if they are so they can then sell sleeves to us too since they're an odd size and aren't readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
since when is GW in the habit of selling card sleeves? This isn't FFG.

Here's sleeves for 75mm x 110mm: http://meeples.com.my/store/item_details.php?iid=1304

It's worth noting that those card sleeves say they fit Lost Cities cards, but according to the BGG Card Sleeve Reference, Lost Cities cards fit in 70x110mm sleeves.

If you were mistaken and they are actually 70mm x 110mm, there's even more options. If you don't mind an extra centimeter of depth, FFG tarot sleeves are 70x120mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the measurements are correct, that makes the cards the same size as the ones for Betrayal at Calth. Own BaC and used these:

https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/magnum-sleeves/produ... (80x120mm)

Yes, they are loose (insert yo momma joke), but for me, protection > aesthetics. Mayday's Lost Cities sleeves (70x110mm) would probably be too tight widthwise and even end up being too short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Docman14 wrote:
Anyone know the Card Size?

I was in a GW store today and measured the cards - I found them to be 75mm by 110mm. But getting sleeves for this size seems to be nearly impossible - could only find Swan Cards of that size.

Did I measure them wrong or are they actually that weird size?

GW uses three different card sizes consistently across all of their games. They are all, as you call them, "weird." I don't sleeve cards, so I have never bothered to look for anything that would be a better fit than the suggestions others have given.

I'm not expecting GW to make any sleeves... but things are changing on a massive scale at GW Towers. So, who knows?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they might have been 7 Wonders sized, are they bigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis O Connell
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BAH!!! shake angry

Got Swan 75x110 and they are just the tiniest bit too small. Card is probably 76x111mm

But the next biggest size is 80x120 which are too wide and long. Too long, you can work with but too wide is a real pain in the &%$£

I'm going to sleeve a few of them with the 80s but it just seems to too wide to make the cards shuffle properly.

Why can't games manufacturers stick to 3 or 4 sizes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the 80x120, standard overhand (yeah, like there is a shuffling style standard ) doesn't really work. I use what I would call "flat-side shuffle", keeping cards flat in hand, then sliding cards from the bottom into the remaining deck. Pretty much how I shuffle very small decks, say 4-8 cards. Have to keep the cards loosely since there is so much overlap. But still, protection > aesthetics for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Owens
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you're only planning on keeping the base game and adding nothing to it, I wouldn't sleeve the cards. No other expansion team is going to have cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Woods
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
All I make is junk.
badge
The Great Mysterio!
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverBulletKY wrote:
Unless you're only planning on keeping the base game and adding nothing to it, I wouldn't sleeve the cards. No other expansion team is going to have cards.

Oh man, the Skaven set doesn't have cards? That's lame, that's something I really enjoyed about this new base set.

Has anyone found a better answer for sleeves since the last post in this thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.