Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Saturday I was playing with some friends the starters of Star Wars Destiny and we had some discussion about the "Awakening" card:

This is the card text:

"Action - Exhaust this support to resolve one of your dice showing a modified side (a side a +) as if it was not modified (did not have a +)."

The question is if I can resolve more dice with the + and the same symbol.
For example I have two dice with +1 resource. Can I resolve both and take 2 resources or only one?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one die unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the card says resolve one die. So I'd say no you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Strickland
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have two copies of Awakening in play and exhaust both of them to resolve two modified sides. That would have to be two separate actions, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the answers! I thought the same but we had some discussion about it so I wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
jed1knight wrote:
For example I have two dice with +1 resource. Can I resolve both and take 2 resources or only one?

Only one unfortunately, relevant rule below.

Rules Reference p. 09, "Resolving Dice Through Cards" subsection:
"A player cannot use modifiers when resolving a die through
a card effect, unless the card allows them to resolve
multiple dice of the same symbol."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Stratton
msg tools
I have another question about this card. When you exhaust it, do you simply turn it like you would a character card and then refresh it at the end of the round? Or is this a one use only card that when you choose to use it it discards? If you have two of the same cards you are playing, can they both be reused every round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
warrenstratton wrote:
I have another question about this card. When you exhaust it, do you simply turn it like you would a character card and then refresh it at the end of the round? Or is this a one use only card that when you choose to use it it discards? If you have two of the same cards you are playing, can they both be reused every round?

Yes, you simply turn it sideways to exhaust, then refresh during the upkeep phase so you can use them (1 or 2) each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.