Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! That's My Fish! is a game for 2-4 players in which you move your penguins around a modular board to catch as many fish as possible. Each tile in the board has a picture of 1, 2, or 3 fish. When you move your penguin off a tile (called ice floes in the game) you take the tile and add it to your score. If a player is unable to move their penguins, they are eliminated and cannot score any more fish. Play continues until no more penguins can be moved. Players then add up their total number of fish. The high score is the winner.

The rules indicate that you win by catching the most fish. However, a more acurate guideline might be: Limit the number of fish your opponent(s) can catch. This is where the genius of this game comes through. The real object is to isolate your opponent's penguins so they cannot move, thus allowing you to move unimpeded and capture all the remaining tiles.

HTMF gives the illusion of a light, childish game. That could not be further from the truth. While the rules are easy enough for kids to play, there is a surprising depth of strategy, especially if your goal is isolating your oppponent.

The game components are of an acceptable quality. The ice floe tiles are a sturdy cardboard with a nice matte coating. The penguins are wood in yellow, green, red, and blue colors. Nothing extraordinary, but good enough to last.

My only complaint about this game is the length. Our first 3 games took about 20 minutes altogether. It took us about as long to set the board as it did to play. However, the fun factor is enough to outweigh this issue.

Overall, I rate HTMF an 8/10. Its a great filler. If it took a little longer to play, I might rate it higher. Unfortunately, its over a little too quickly for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls