Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland B.
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UK Cards

Relied on for Any Enterprise - Prepared UK Cards are now considered to have 1 Black Attrition Symbol, but not in addition to any other Attrition Symbols already present.

The Royal Navy - Should read; Play a UK Status Card…

Cambrai - Should read: "Play a United Kingdom Status Card" and "Land Battle in or adjacent to Picardy".

German Cards

Mustard Gas - Should read; Your choice of one of the powers in the space...

Stosstruppen - Should read: Discard a prepared sustain land battle card and battle a land space adjacent to the army just built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Compiled Card Corrections
UK Cards

Cambrai - Should read: "Play a United Kingdom Status Card" and "Land Battle in or adjacent to Picardy".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
Since we're being very precise with the definition, I would suggest the following amendment:

Relied on for Any Enterprise - Prepared UK Cards are now considered to have 1 Black Attrition Symbol, but not in addition to any other Attrition Symbols already present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland B.
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
added and altered as suggested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland B.
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if one of you talented people could create a pdf of the cards with these corrections. Suitable for taping over the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Owen
United States
Munster
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German Card

Stosstruppen - Use once per turn after you build an Army. Discard a prepared Sustain Land Battle and battle a Land space adjacent to the Army just built.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh. I haven't got the original yet to compare to, but I don't recall this many errata is previous iterations. (In fact, I'm not sure I recall any errata. Were there?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Gosh. I haven't got the original yet to compare to, but I don't recall this many errata is previous iterations. (In fact, I'm not sure I recall any errata. Were there?)

Yes, there were.

German-Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Magic, Bias for Action, arguably Rationing, and several others (for minor aspects).
And two cards (Flexible Resources and Vasilevsky) were re-written outright for balancing reasons in a subsequent expansion.

Admittedly, we're being very nit-picky in this thread - but you know, there's always going to be a rules lawyer at every table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Witch Lord wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Yes, there were.

German-Soviet Treaty of Friendship, Magic, Bias for Action, arguably Rationing, and several others (for minor aspects).
And two cards (Flexible Resources and Vasilevsky) were re-written outright for balancing reasons in a subsequent expansion.

Admittedly, we're being very nit-picky in this thread - but you know, there's always going to be a rules lawyer at every table :p

gosh. I never checked them out... maybe I should go back and see if we'd been playing them wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
gosh. I never checked them out... maybe I should go back and see if we'd been playing them wrong.

You can find the latest version of the FAQ here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/134076/quartermaster-gene...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

Not to get all defensive, but...

Actually, of the "corrections" only one is a real correction. the others are clarifications, since most people would read them as intended. If someone insisted on using Stosstrupen to battle a Sea space, I would immediately resign, and not play with that person again. Having said that, I realize there are players who have no idea what Stosstrupen were.

The only real change is the Cambrai card can be played either way. The Cambrai card was one of the last written and added into the set, and looking over my notes, I realize that it just slipped through as written. But the only reason to "correct" the card is for historical reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:

Actually, of the "corrections" only one is a real correction. the others are clarifications, since most people would read them as intended. If someone insisted on using Stosstrupen to battle a Sea space, I would immediately resign, and not play with that person again. Having said that, I realize there are players who have no idea what Stosstrupen were.

The only real change is the Cambrai card can be played either way. The Cambrai card was one of the last written and added into the set, and looking over my notes, I realize that it just slipped through as written. But the only reason to "correct" the card is for historical reasons.

I agree, most of these points can be seen as nit-picks.

I think that the fact of the matter is that QMG games appeal in equal measure to two very different kinds of gamers - those who enjoy primarily the immersion and the historical flavor (let's call them the "roleplayers"), but also to those who enjoy mastering the strategic, you could even say the mathematical, elements of gameplay (let's call them the "powergamers"). I've got friends in both camps and I enjoy playing with all of them - but to the powergamers, discussing even these nit-picks is highly crucial.

Wolvercote, may I respectfully suggest we amend the title of this discussion to "Compiled Card Clarifications and Corrections" please? Thank you thumbsup

P.S. And lest I forget, a big thank you to Ian again for his patience in answering all of our questions. You don't find many game developers who take the time to interact with the fans the way he does. I think we should let him know once again that it is very, very appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland B.
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Good news.

So basically, the game is fine to play without errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

If you use common sense, then mostly yes. If you're still unsure or you're dealing with a rules lawyer, you can refer them to this thread for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
IanBrody wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Good news.

I think so. Again, the Cambrai card is the one card that is really incorrect, and frankly, it just doesn't matter that much. It was playtested as written, but with a few months in hindsight, I feel like the historian in me wants to change it.

But I think something that is easy to understand is that "fixing the set" of card included in a game isn't a precise process. There are always more card ideas and revisions that don't make it into the final version, and sometimes I like an idea and change my mind later, so it's tricky. I'll put together an official FAQ in a few weeks when more people have had time to figure out unanticipated ways to play cards....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
MrMT wrote:

Actually, of the "corrections" only one is a real correction. the others are clarifications, since most people would read them as intended. If someone insisted on using Stosstrupen to battle a Sea space, I would immediately resign, and not play with that person again.
(Emphasis mine)

This is a particularly odd comment considering that, in QMG, attacking a sea space requires a sea battle and an adjacent army or navy.

It's the fact that you are discarding a land battle card that suggests a land battle, not that the troops are Strosstrupen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmb
Postmark wrote:
This is a particularly odd comment considering that, in QMG, attacking a sea space requires a sea battle and an adjacent army or navy.

It's the fact that you are discarding a land battle card that suggests a land battle, not that the troops are Strosstrupen.

I think what Ian means is that, historically, Stosstruppen were formed with the purpose of storming trenches, not as a marine corps. So he wants the card's mechanics to reflect its historical flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.