Subject: Polyphemus Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Upon spawning, Polyphemus pushes away one zone every ships - friendly or enemy - to a safe zone (if possible) one zone away. That much I understand.

My questions:

Can he be placed on a neutral or enemy land?

If placed on a neutral or enemy land, who controls it? (does control matters anyway?)

Also once placed (whether on a friendly, neutral or enemy land) I understand that 'fleet cannot attack the island' - we interpret it as being 'no land units can attack the island' - but does Polyphemus' presence prevents fleets (friendly or not) to be in adjacent sea zones as well? (i.e. 'no fleet at all can be or cross adjacent sea zones as long as Polyphemus is on the island?)

Thanks for your help! Awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip McCaughey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an FAQ that addresses this:

Polyphemus

• When Polyphemus is placed on an island, Fleets adjacent to this island must immediately be moved away one space to a legal space (whether empty or occupied by an allied Fleet), without passing through an intermediate space.
• The player who played Polyphemus decides in which order and direction the Fleets are moved (it is not allowed to initiate combat). If the player manages to leave no escape route for a Fleet and it cannot be moved away from the island, it is destroyed.
• The player may move Fleets onto the Kraken (they are immediately destroyed).
• It is however illegal to move a Fleet along the island's coast, even to push it onto the Kraken.
• The spaces surrounding the island inhabited by Polyphemus are now closed to navigation until Polyphemus is removed from the island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
hugolin wrote:

Can he be placed on a neutral or enemy land?

If placed on a neutral or enemy land, who controls it? (does control matters anyway?)

Polyphemus may be placed on ANY island -- it doesn't matter who controls it, or if it is empty.

Nobody controls Polyphemus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Thank you gentlemen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
All monsters work alike:

Quote:
Place the Kraken figurine on the sea space of your choice.

Quote:
The following 4 [=non-Kraken] creatures work the same way: place the figurine on the isle of your choice.

Both of those lines are from the little cheat sheet that comes with the game. I've found it to be a really good source of info on how different mythological creatures work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.