Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know where you can find a final list of the geekbuzz game rankings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ostrander
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on the front page of the BGG website. in the top right.

it will only show the top 10 in the first listing but there is an arrow in the top right of the box that lets you scroll through the rest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
LaVergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmb
I'm afraid I do not have that turned on.. can someone show me where to activate it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If your logged out you can see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
I'm afraid I do not have that turned on.. can someone show me where to activate it?

This might be it.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekbuzz/mobile/leaderboard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
LaVergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmb
Thanks for the link!

After looking it over, I have decided I can't hold weight to the Geekbuzz list at BGGCon.

granted this is PURELY A PERSONAL opinion, and not one I am trying to sway people. I am just really tired of "vendor stuffing" the geekbuzz list. I totally understand the Rodney Dangerfield entry, as that has been a running gag for a few years now, and it's hilarious. What I don't like or approve of is vendors vulturing over unattended/non logged out PC's to promote games that anyone is playing or talking about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Anon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Thanks for the link!

After looking it over, I have decided I can't hold weight to the Geekbuzz list at BGGCon.

granted this is PURELY A PERSONAL opinion, and not one I am trying to sway people. I am just really tired of "vendor stuffing" the geekbuzz list. I totally understand the Rodney Dangerfield entry, as that has been a running gag for a few years now, and it's hilarious. What I don't like or approve of is vendors vulturing over unattended/non logged out PC's to promote games that anyone is playing or talking about.

seconded. the monkey battle/evil genius death ray people should be ashamed of themselves. your games are bad and so is your marketing ploy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Brubakken
United States
Topeka
KS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Thanks for the link!

Is that confirmed to have happened or speculation? I thought it was people trolling after what happened last year. After all Trump the game was in the top ten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheez wrote:
Hsart wrote:
Thanks for the link!

Is that confirmed to have happened or speculation? I thought it was people trolling after what happened last year. After all Trump the game was in the top ten.

I was told that one of the top five games had people using an app to scan the geekbuzz ticket and then asking you to tap "like". Some games were in the top 10 that rarely had people at the booth and one was on Kickstarter just a couple months ago. If it's not in the library to play, and people aren't at the booth demoing it, how did it make top 10 on Geekbuzz? The system is being abused by a few publishers so it's hard to take any of it seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Vote stuffing has been going on since the debut of GeekBuzz, and very little if anything has been done to address it.

Ignore it, or take it with a whole bunch of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I think to improve Geekbuzz there really needs to be more users of it. Which means it needs to be easier to access. I'd love to see an integrated convention app where one of the functions is Geekbuzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
I think to improve Geekbuzz there really needs to be more users of it. Which means it needs to be easier to access. I'd love to see an integrated convention app where one of the functions is Geekbuzz.

I'm open to ideas on how to improve it... but be aware that we allow anyone to up-vote anything for any reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Aldie wrote:

I'm open to ideas on how to improve it... but be aware that we allow anyone to up-vote anything for any reason.

Right. And as long as that stays as a bedrock principle, you're always going to have people trying to game the system (and succeeding).

Any improvement I might propose would be based on intervention of some kind. Which I've always understood you to be not in favor of. (And I do support the principle, mostly.)

However, if people were glomming onto unclosed sessions to upvote their pet games as someone said above, that's the sort of thing that could be addressed with a quicker timeout and/or a monitor (either a person or an algorithm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Spielguy wrote:

Is there a way to add a scanner at the laptops in the lobby to make it easier to thumb?

Can it be linked to the library and your badge? On the way back to the library, pass a scanner, scan your badge and scan the game to vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Roberts
United States
LaVergne
Tennessee
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmb
Not having spent too many clock cycles on this, I'd think the following would be a improvement:

1. Reserve the Geekbuzz titles to a small subsect of the database for voting, Much akin to the Golden Geeks. We know what the hot games are going to be, as we know what the Essen/Gen Con games are. Make the sampling pool from that. It's not often we see something jump out from nowhere into the Geekbuzz (The only notable exception being Mysterium when there was the mad dash for the Polish edition). Note, this isn't a perfect idea, but it's a basis to start from.

2. Voting logs you out of the system automatically. This will prevent booth vulturing. Implement the form to be a system of check boxes that only registers when you hit "Vote". Then Auto Log.

3. Tie a door prize to it. Right now, there is a percentage of people whole could frankly careless, and will hand off a geekbuzz card to anyone that feigns a interest. You tie off even a small door prize to it, you will see that number drop. It may not stop the amount of "Hey, throw me a vote in there too!" attitude, but that may be curbed by limiting the overall votes.

As I said, this is in no way, shape or form, any basis of a absolute answer, but I don't want to be the person to find fault with something without a helpful input on how it could be improved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Echeverria
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about when people check a game back into the library, you just give a simple "recommend" or "don't recommend" or a quick 5 star rating that the volunteer just quickly enters into the database?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hsart wrote:
Not having spent too many clock cycles on this, I'd think the following would be a improvement:

1. Reserve the Geekbuzz titles to a small subsect of the database for voting, Much akin to the Golden Geeks. We know what the hot games are going to be, as we know what the Essen/Gen Con games are. Make the sampling pool from that. It's not often we see something jump out from nowhere into the Geekbuzz (The only notable exception being Mysterium when there was the mad dash for the Polish edition). Note, this isn't a perfect idea, but it's a basis to start from.

This eliminates games that are new and nobody really knows about. Warlords is a small productions dexterity game that was in the Dexterity area. It got a ton of plays and was unknown before the convention. This game would have been eliminated from the Geek Buzz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.