BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: 2016 Facts In Five Results rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Corrado

Virginia
msg tools
mb
Thanks again to Greg Crowe and Jason Levine for doing such a great job supporting me as Assistant GMs and making this event such a success, and thanks again to everyone who came out and played this year!

For those interested in final standings, here's the list of results by badge number. If you don't remember your badge number, e-mail me or message me and I'll send you specific results back.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DU8NXxqv6bTmX54iHcX8...

And for those interested in showing friends just how hard this year's event was, here's the full Answer Key:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1senpQkK1ybezF615XAkX...

Thanks again, and see you next year in Seven Springs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
<insert annual gripe about USA centricity>

But thanks a bunch for posting this John. This event is something a lot of us canucks look forward to all week at WBC.

(And I think I may have made up the word centricity)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again for running such a great event! It is a great way to wrap up the best 9 days of the year. Both your topics and your presentation are top notch.

Can I nominate Greg Crowe for AGM of the year?

I scored 51 for 25th place at age 55. I am aiming to score my age in 2017, though I am afraid I am at the point where scores trend downwards.

250 days until Facts in Five, 2017 edition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I pledge to get more sleep before next year's attempt, so that I might be able to get back up the list a bit. 47 points for 38th place kinda sucked...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew E
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
In a stunning turn of events, I managed above average for one of the rounds. Thank you Dietary Elements category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, John (and Greg and Jason)! I hope to be able to play more than 2 rounds next year. (I am puzzled about why I'm shown as scoring 6 in Round 4, since I think I left after Round 2 to play in the Puerto Rico quarterfinals!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Corrado

Virginia
msg tools
mb
ardrummo wrote:

But thanks a bunch for posting this John. This event is something a lot of us canucks look forward to all week at WBC.

Always happy to! And I swear, each year I get a little less US-centric. Heck, Tim Horton's was a valid answer to one of the Round 5 questions...

actuaryesquire wrote:
Thanks again for running such a great event! It is a great way to wrap up the best 9 days of the year. Both your topics and your presentation are top notch.

I scored 51 for 25th place at age 55. I am aiming to score my age in 2017, though I am afraid I am at the point where scores trend downwards.

Thank you very much! And I keep putting Greg in for his work; he saved my bacon last year and always does an amazing job helping me.

gmpearce wrote:
I pledge to get more sleep before next year's attempt, so that I might be able to get back up the list a bit. 47 points for 38th place kinda sucked...

Sleep is the little death, my friend. Is giving up any other game really worth moving from 38th to 37th?

AndrewE wrote:
In a stunning turn of events, I managed above average for one of the rounds. Thank you Dietary Elements category.

Practice makes perfect!

Eric Brosius wrote:
Thanks, John (and Greg and Jason)! I hope to be able to play more than 2 rounds next year. (I am puzzled about why I'm shown as scoring 6 in Round 4, since I think I left after Round 2 to play in the Puerto Rico quarterfinals!)

That's very strange - I must have put someone else's score in your column. I'll go double-check that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gmpearce wrote:

Sleep is the little death, my friend. Is giving up any other game really worth moving from 38th to 37th?

The fact I was moving in a rather Zombie-like state by the time FI5 came around was testament to the fact that sleeping a few extra hours during the week might have been a good idea. I am pretty sure I can try to schedule a nap for sometime Friday or Saturday to attempt a small refresher (heck, it might have helped me win my COB semi that Saturday too, I know I took a few extra seconds each turn in that game simply due to fatigue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:

2017 had Canadian Prime Ministers *AND* NHL teams...I think your griping worked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And parties in the British Parliament, for the British contestants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Pearce
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gmpearce wrote:
gmpearce wrote:

The fact I was moving in a rather Zombie-like state by the time FI5 came around was testament to the fact that sleeping a few extra hours during the week might have been a good idea. I am pretty sure I can try to schedule a nap for sometime Friday or Saturday to attempt a small refresher (heck, it might have helped me win my COB semi that Saturday too, I know I took a few extra seconds each turn in that game simply due to fatigue.

Took my own advice this year and slept in that morning. Definitely helped (look for pictures of my 3rd-place plaque!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ewan m
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Eric Brosius wrote:
And parties in the British Parliament, for the British contestants.

Much appreciated it was, too. I mentioned to John that including both this and metric prefixes (not to mention *English* authors!) almost made up for my complete lack of knowledge regarding TV or film.

It would be very interesting to see how many people gave each answer. [OK, I admit, I am curious whether anyone else knew 'Independent Unionist' ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
ewan wrote:
[OK, I admit, I am curious whether anyone else knew 'Independent Unionist' ]

Having looked it up, I think Independent Unionist is merely a self designation, and not an official party. I wrote merely "Independent" which I now believe is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actuaryesquire wrote:

I believe I met my goal of 56+ at age 56, thanks to the somewhat easier categories.

My next goal is to see how long I can continue scoring my age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.