9 Posts

The Big Book of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clinton Jeffrey
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very happy to see people still talking about this one and that it's getting some love. I was afraid that the new HP deckbuilder would wipe this one out.

I'm having a blast with it myself...having the Mime turn up is one of the most memorable gameplay experiences of this last year--if you don't have it, get to the store!

Anyone know of anything on the horizon, expansion wise? I don't think I can get sick of it, but more is almost always better! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clintonjeffrey wrote:
Very happy to see people still talking about this one and that it's getting some love. I was afraid that the new HP deckbuilder would wipe this one out.

I'm having a blast with it myself...having the Mime turn up is one of the most memorable gameplay experiences of this last year--if you don't have it, get to the store!

Anyone know of anything on the horizon, expansion wise? I don't think I can get sick of it, but more is almost always better! Thanks!

There are some hints through the forums like here

Re: One Stop Co-op Shop - Review of the Big Book of Madness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clintonjeffrey wrote:
Anyone know of anything on the horizon, expansion wise?
We've been working on a first expansion with Maxime. It still needs playtesting and of course art from Naïade, but we're planning sometime next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
msg tools
mb
That is GREAT news! Just got into this game and it's one of my top favorites right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just chiming in to add my $.000386 -->

Mattieu, I eagerly await more expansion news about your fabulous design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Mattieu, I eagerly await more expansion news about your fabulous design.
It's going great so far…
We should tell more in January.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my reply on another thread about the expansion:
Mattintheweb wrote:
We're still planning a release sometime this year, but we had a lot of trouble booking time from Naïade. We may have to work with another artist if we want the expansion to release this year…

The expansion will introduce a new, rare, black element that will allow different actions (including casting powerful new spells from a common spell book), new Madness cards with penalties and new Monsters, Curses and Characters with effects and capacities related to the Black Element.

That's all I can say for now… whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
Here's my reply on another thread about the expansion:
Mattintheweb wrote:
We're still planning a release sometime this year, but we had a lot of trouble booking time from Naïade. We may have to work with another artist if we want the expansion to release this year…

The expansion will introduce a new, rare, black element that will allow different actions (including casting powerful new spells from a common spell book), new Madness cards with penalties and new Monsters, Curses and Characters with effects and capacities related to the Black Element.

That's all I can say for now… whistle

Not having Naïade on board will be very sad, there is no artist able to replicate his handwriting and it would really look different :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Laxou
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Not having Naïade on board will be very sad, there is no artist able to replicate his handwriting and it would really look different :/
Well, it's not our first choice either, but we have a few extraordinary other artists at hand, who I'm sure would do an amazing work at mimicking Naiade's style (Miguel Coimbra, Biboun, Paul Mafayon, to name just a few… ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.