$20.00
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...



Conclusion:

Run, Fight, or Die! isn't a game to be taken too seriously. It is a light dice rolling game with over produced components. I wouldn't want to play with too many people as there isn't anything to do on another players turn. Luckily, each turn moves pretty quickly.

The game be taught in about two minutes. The decisions are rather straight forward or unknown. Do you want to keep those books? Well, that would depend on what the card is you would get but you don't know so it is a huge risk.

This game isn't meant to be more than it is. The zombie hordes continue to come until someone is able to score enough followers to end the game (or everyone dies).

This is a filler game, nothing more. It may stick around longer than it needs to, but I enjoy it occasionally. It is a fun diversion and all the expansions keep it fresh. It won't blow your socks off, but if you like the theme, then give it a shot.


Keeper.



Components:

This game is so over produced it isn't funny. This is a very simple dice rolling game and you get all these minis and big huge dice. The boards are very thick cardboard and the art is amazing. Whether you like this game or not, you cannot argue with the production. It is a sight to be held for a filler type game.




Rule Book:

The rules are very clear and the player aid helps. The game is short on rules and it is the better for it. It won't take anyone long to figure out what the icons do and the icons printed on your board helps a lot. The graphic design is amazing in this game.


Flow of the Game:

Each player is given a character with a special ability and you just try to live until the end of the game. There is some victory point calculation, but that isn't really the point of the game to me. Playing the game itself an the story it tells is where I am with this game.

On your turn, you roll the dice. The event is determined first and this may or may not be good stuff. It can be either.

Then the dice you rolled will have icons on them. You can roll these dice up to two more times. If you roll a zombie icon, they cannot be re-rolled unless you have a card/power that allows it. The dice roll could move zombies back, kill zombies in certain zones, give you extra cards that can help you in the future, etc.

At the end of the turn, zombies move and then are added to the board. If the zombies move on your character board and cause damage to the character. If you run out of health, your character dies.





Should I buy this game?:

A simple light game without a ton of decisions, but it is still fun. Less players is more with this game and this may determine whether it is a good fit for you. Lots of luck but you can literally play with anyone. A lot of people will have a place in their collection for this game.

Keeper.


10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Good review.

Personally, I didn't enjoy it. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't find the decisions I had to make to be much fun.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the original kickstarter version and was quite happy with it, especially for the solo play. Rahdo compared it to King of Tokyo but it's not quite as fun as Tokyo but I can't play Tokyo solo. One thing in both games that is super fun are the dice combos that sometimes come your way. Tokyo you can roll a ton of claws and take some one out pretty early (6hitsvis hard especially if you've only got 6 left) Run, fight, you can be overrun with zombies but you roll those book icons just when you need them and wipe out a zone.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy it, and I think playing with 5 or 6 players is just fine. But I have seen such take 90 minutes. And I'm oay with that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
futhee wrote:
Good review.

Personally, I didn't enjoy it. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't find the decisions I had to make to be much fun.


Not that type of game. It has to be quick to be worth it. You don't want it to drag on too long.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jphien wrote:
I got the original kickstarter version and was quite happy with it, especially for the solo play. Rahdo compared it to King of Tokyo but it's not quite as fun as Tokyo but I can't play Tokyo solo. One thing in both games that is super fun are the dice combos that sometimes come your way. Tokyo you can roll a ton of claws and take some one out pretty early (6hitsvis hard especially if you've only got 6 left) Run, fight, you can be overrun with zombies but you roll those book icons just when you need them and wipe out a zone.


Great explanation. But the fun with Tokyo is your friends, not so much the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
william4192 wrote:
futhee wrote:
Good review.

Personally, I didn't enjoy it. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I didn't find the decisions I had to make to be much fun.


Not that type of game. It has to be quick to be worth it. You don't want it to drag on too long.


In that case, I needed it to be A LOT faster.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.