Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules say the Compass tells you whether to choose a closer or further location, depending on day or night. Is this meant to be absolute or relative?

Scenario 1: It is night and all the dummy's meeples are on regions close to the compass. Does the dummy player pass or choose one of the meeples close by?

Scenario 2: It is night. There is a meeple in a region close to the compass where it is pointing, but if you move the "clock hand" a bit, you'll get a meeple in a region further away. Which meeple is chosen?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I think I understand your question but I may not.

1. Chooses one close by.
2. How far is a bit? The idea at night is the dummy should choose the further one out if it reasonably can.

Hope that helps! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding! I'm gonna clarify number 2, but don't have the game in front of me so I'll make up some numbers:actions

At night, you roll a 5 for the dummy player so it chooses patrol (or quest, whatever). Following the 5-hand, you see there is a meeple in a region closer to the compass. But if you move the hand to 6:00 or later, there is a meeple in a territory further out. SO which one do you choose?

I think your answer told me all I need to know, though. The thing about Night/Day:Far/Close is for deciding between two or more viable options. It is NOT meant to be an absolute condition (ie NOT "Only meeples in further away territories move at night, and vice versa for daytime")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.