Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holden Kim
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Other worker placement games usually have a mechanism for players who are not first, giving them some kind of bonus.

Is there a rule that I'm not aware of that gives the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th player more resource at the start of the game if they are not first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is not.

I don't think there needs to be.
The only existing rule technically is that when selecting your leaders you do so in reverse order.
Assuming the leaders are close to balanced this shouldn't matter, but at least in the case of the guy that gets the merchant ship good for free, it works well with going first.

I don't think it is a big issue. If you want to go first you can spend an action to do so, and quite often that action is taken.
If you want to change your stature take it yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not.

However, I have not seen an advantage in going first in this game. There's plenty of good spots early in the game. Going first tends to become much more important to me later in the game when there's specific monsters/draugrs/trolls that I want to make sure I get to fight.

edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
There is not.

I don't think there needs to be.
The only existing rule technically is that when selecting your leaders you do so in reverse order.
Assuming the leaders are close to balanced this shouldn't matter, but at least in the case of the guy that gets the merchant ship good for free, it works well with going first.

I don't think it is a big issue. If you want to go first you can spend an action to do so, and quite often that action is taken.
If you want to change your stature take it yourself.

Selecting the leaders in reverse order IS the mechanism for balancing out starting turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.