Canada
Lévis
QC
flag msg tools
Stop hovering my badge !
badge
Did you know? Hibou is french for owl.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule change : After a failed attack, you discard a die but you can chose to reroll any or all remaining unassigned dice. This makes the castles easier to conquer and shortens the game.

For example, if you're trying to get 2 cavalry but only get one, you discard a die, then you can reroll all remaining dice but your cavalry die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Dwan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the challenge of the game is how difficult it can be. I think that this makes it too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Villemure
Canada
Lévis
QC
flag msg tools
Stop hovering my badge !
badge
Did you know? Hibou is french for owl.
mbmbmbmbmb
To each their own I guess... This game is 80% luck. It is fine for a 15 mins game. When a game drags on for 30, players lose interest. (At least, from my experience)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We just change the end condition, since that last castle can seem to hang around forever, as only the leader is trying to capture it at that point.

We play that the game ends when there is 1 castle left uncaptured instead of none... seems to have solved the problem of some games going way too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
We just change the end condition, since that last castle can seem to hang around forever, as only the leader is trying to capture it at that point.

The leader or anyone else who can overtake him for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
urbanus wrote:
zenpunk wrote:

The leader or anyone else who can overtake him for the win.

But I agree it can take too long to capture, for example, if the one with two horses and two bows remains as last; I prefer the 'play until one last card remains' variant myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.