Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 8 player light party game. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan G
msg tools
Heading up to the mountains for a few days with family and wanted to bring along some games. I'm not sure how everyone is going to feel about games since most of the crowd are "you mean like monopoly?" kind of people.

I know im going to take codenames, and I was thinking about Ca$h and Gun$, but the problem with that is we are going to be in a public setting and it may raise some eyebrows.

I was considering buying sushi go party? But was looking for other suggestions. I really have no requirements except up to 8 players and not a long playtime.

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Apples to Apples

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wolkey
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cash & Guns is a good one. I like:

Times Up - Title Recall
25 Words or Less.

Played Viva Java: The Coffee Game at the last party with 8 players and it was very well received. Although it runs a little longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pit for a fast option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb
liar's dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Violet Mackerel
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I likeConcept, especially when we just take turns giving clues. Everybody else guesses and no one keeps score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Great Dalmuti is always fun with a group, plus it's easy for people to drop out and back in.

We've been enjoying One Night Revolution lately as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cash and guns doesn't make it too odd in public, though it depends on the type of guns maybe. My friend has the copy with the all-orange guns.

Otherwise...

Spyfall is great with up to 8 and my family likes it because you can walk around and play it if you know your card. I've had people playing while they are cooking. Super good game.

The Resistance, The Resistance: Avalon, or Secret Hitler are great social deduction games that work amazingly with 8 or so.

Zombie Dice is a good game to play on the side and stuff. Kind of was our dinner time/ social time game for a while.

Formula D works really great up to that player count too. I have played a 10-player game at a huge event center and it went pretty quickly. You might have to have 2-3 people paying close attention to turn order and stuff, but usually people can figure what they plan to do on their turn and do it pretty quick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Wits & Wagers (or Wits & Wagers Family, or Wits & Wagers Party)
Dixit Odyssey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Sonar is surprisingly easy to learn and quick. But wildly intense. Great for 8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Ozburn
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ultimate Showdown

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incan Gold/Diamant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dugas
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Camel Up and Diamant - both work really good with 8 players, are very light and lots of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance: Avalon or any of the One Night games. Their staying power is insane. Also Spyfall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits & Wagers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dino Buffetta
United States
Wenonah
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smiley Face

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I like Deception too but think it would be a little confusing for non-gamers. Two really light 8 player games I like are Little Drop of Poison and Salem. For a more meatier light game, go with Dixit or maybe even Citadels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.