Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When setting up the board, do you place a visitor in your lobby and Lacerda's lobby, just your own lobby, or all four lobbies?

When the number of players matters (like for the international market and for the colored tickets), the rulebook is explicit. You don't use the middle column for solitare and two player games for the international market and you use 15 tickets for a three player game and 10 for a solitare and two player game. But it is not clear as to how many visitors you set up the board with other than four in the Plaza and one in each "players" lobby. This is somewhat ambiguous. Is Lacerda a player? Again, the picture on page 3 of the rulebook shows one visitor in all four gallery lobbies, whether there are four players or not.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Evan,

Everything is outlined in page 16 of the rulebook like you said that is explicit. I will outline them down below for the sake of others reading this thread.

You choose your player colour and one colour for Lacerda. Everything is setup according to the normal game setup with the following exceptions.

- 10 tickets of each colour in the box office.
- 8 random Reputation tiles which will cover the upper 4 rows in the 1st and 3rd columns (the middle one is not used)
- Take 4 visitors of each type (4 white, 4 brown and 4 pink) and put them back in the box.

With regards to your question about how many visitors are on the board it is part of the normal game setup. Page 2 of the rulebook is showing an example for a 4-player game where there is a random visitor in each player's lobby outling Step #12 in Setup.

You place 4 random visitors from the bag in the plaza and 1 random visitor in your lobby and the lobby colour of Lacerda's. This will allow you to use an executive action and use tickets to remove that visitor from Lacerda's lobby back into the plaza and available for your use.

Lacerda is only considered a player with the random visitor in the initial Setup. Lacerda does not use the influence track, cannot gain money, buy or sell. Lacerda moves from location to location leaving an assistant and is used as a foil to remove Reputation tiles and tickets from the Box Office.

Once all tickets are exhausted this is the end of the game. You take one more action at a different location than you are currently at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
When setting up the board, do you place a visitor in your lobby and Lacerda's lobby, just your own lobby, or all four lobbies?

When the number of players matters (like for the international market and for the colored tickets), the rulebook is explicit. You don't use the middle column for solitare and two player games for the international market and you use 15 tickets for a three player game and 10 for a solitare and two player game. But it is not clear as to how many visitors you set up the board with other than four in the Plaza and one in each "players" lobby. This is somewhat ambiguous. Is Lacerda a player? Again, the picture on page 3 of the rulebook shows one visitor in all four gallery lobbies, whether there are four players or not.

Thanks.

I had the same query, as I too found it unclear whether the visitor in each lobby was a general setup or just for 4 players.

I asked this question https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1635942/couple-questions-so...

and got this as an answer that does seem correct.

Faso74it wrote:
1) I always played that we put just 1 meeple in each player's lobby, so # of meeples = # of players (1 in solo mode)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes but in that same thread AeroNut stated he put a visitor in Lacerda's lobby as well. When I play solo, I put one in my lobby and one in Lacerda's lobby.

The colour you choose for Lacerda is still considered a player. A "dummy" player, but a player nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
You place 4 random visitors from the bag in the plaza and 1 random visitor in your lobby and the lobby colour of Lacerda's.

Thank you! This was the only point I was unclear about. The rest I was following to a T. I'll give this one another shot tonight, this time finally doing it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I included the other points to help others if they were curious about it.

Glad I could help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.