Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2728438#it...

Conclusion:

This game is all about paying with more players. I have zero idea why you want to play this with six. The downtime between turns is large enough with 4 and it is just more of sitting around with 6. There is zero to do on another player's turn.

We get two new characters which is nice for variety. But if you didn't have them, you would survive. The extra minis are nice, but I wasn't short any minis. This is the last expansion I would add to my collection.

Keeper. But really a purge.

Components:

All of the components match the original game. We get two new characters on nice cardboard and 20 new walker minis. And two player boards. Not a ton in the new box.

Rule Book:

There are not any rules incldued in the box.

Flow of the Game:

At its heart, this doesn't add anything but the ability to play with more people. Why you would want to is beyond me. Too much time between turns for me.

You get two new characters:

1. Street Kid: At start of turn, move one zombie from zone 1 to zone 2. The combo allows you to move even more zombies back

2. Silent Rancher: Start with 7 life points. The dice combo you ignore zombie icons and get a follower from another player or give one to another player.

Should I buy this game?:

I'll likely keep this around for the two new characters and the extra zombie minis, but I can't imagine someone wanting to play this game with 5-6 players. Steer clear unless it is a good price to get the new characters and minis.

Keeper. But really a purge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1130 Run, Fight, or Die! 5/6 Player Expansion: Oh Dear God, no not this many players...
I enjoy playing this with up to 6 players. One game took 90 minutes, but I enjoyed it. But then again, I play 8 hour games of Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Purge: # 1130 Run, Fight, or Die! 5/6 Player Expansion: Oh Dear God, no not this many players...
DomaGB wrote:
I enjoy playing this with up to 6 players. One game took 90 minutes, but I enjoyed it. But then again, I play 8 hour games of Talisman.

Yeah, 90 minutes of this is too long. Shorter is for the better with this one for me. That's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.